Well, I bought one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I bought one!

I hate to even say anything before I actually have the car in front of me, but the guy already has the money, he is mailing me the title, and the shipping company should let me know in the next day or so when they are picking it up-so, the heck with it! I now own an E30 M3!!

I inquired about a number of them forsale online and talked to a few owners, but one just happened to come up forsale on the E30 M3 SIG email list last week (the day after I joined)and it just sounded right. After talking with the owner on the phone for a couple of days, reviewing the pictures he posted of the car pointing out its few exterior blemishes, and then reviewing his spreadsheet he kept of all the maintenance and parts replaced, I made an offer and the deal was done.

Here are the specs: 1990 M3 Brilliantrot/Natur with 102k miles. He is the second owner and purchased from a guy he knew in '95. As a preventive maintenance measure, he has replaced basically every wear related component since then, most in the past few years. All suspension components have been replaced, all hoses, new driveshaft and flex disc, new shifter bushings, Dinan chip, E28 M5 wheels, etc. The suspension is not fully stock, as he installed Eibach Comp springs and Bilstein sport shocks. He also has E36 adjustable front camber plates installed. I will be reinstalling the original springs and front strut mounts very soon, as the roads around here are not made for stiff springs.

I will have to put in new fog lights as he replaced them with brake ducts, and the front bumper/spoiler has some scrapes on the bottom so that will be resprayed. Also, the left rear view mirror has peeling paint, so both mirrors will be resprayed also. Interior wise, the drivers seat has the usual worn bolster, but I already have the full Leatherique package for repairing this, even the Natur dye.

So, hopefully I will have it in a week or so. Thanks for everyone's suggestions from my thread of over a week ago when I started looking for an E30 M3. It's hard to say this will be the perfect one for me, but it sounds a lot better than some others I looked at previously!

I will post pics in the next couple of weeks. Until then, here is one of his from a couple of years ago:

Eric Giles
    '02 330i
    '90 M3
    '90 325iS
    Eric Giles
    '07 X5 4.8i
    '01 325i
    sigpic

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the E30 M3 realm.
    sigpic

Comment

Congrats! Looks great, now it's mod time Just playing.....

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

WELCOME

And let me know when you are selling the brake ducts...

[email protected]

Welcome to our world....

ADA///M

Comment

Re: WELCOME

Originally posted by ADA///M
          And let me know when you are selling the brake ducts...

[email protected]

Welcome to our world....

ADA///M
          No problem Adam-you have first dibs on them. I will let you know as soon as I uninstall them.

Eric Giles
          '02 330i
          '90 M3
          '90 325iS
          Eric Giles
          '07 X5 4.8i
          '01 325i
          sigpic

Comment

WOOOHOOO..thanks...

And nice car....i love the e28 M5 rims...they shouldve been standard on our cars...

paint the centers nagaro silver....paint the centers nagaro silver...

ADA///M

Comment

Ooooo! Lovely! :p
              What will you plan to mod on it?!
              :mario:My name is Adam

Comment

Originally posted by ///Milk
                Ooooo! Lovely! :p
                What will you plan to mod on it?!
                Well, believe it or not, nothing! There are plenty of M3's out there with modifications-I want this one basically stock. Due to $$$ constraints, I will most likely leave the Bilstein sport shocks on the car when I replace the Eibach Comp springs with the OEM springs. I have already ordered new foglight assemblies to replace the brake cooling ducts. I will most likely leave the exisiting Dinan chip in place, as well as the Korman strut tower brace. Besides those previously installed items, it will remain stock. Oh wait, I will most likely replace the sealed beam headlights....

My goal with this is car is to use it to make my short commute to work and to have some fun on weekends. It will not be used as a track/autox car. My goal is to make it a garage queen and keep it as a part of BMW history. Not the car's intended purpose, I know, but if everyone uses them at the track eventually there will not be any decent examples left! Plus, as I might have mentioned before, an E30 M3 is totally non-existant in Mississippi. I would guess there are probably less than 10 in this state-and that is a guess since I have never seen a single one here yet!
                Eric Giles
                '07 X5 4.8i
                '01 325i
                sigpic

Comment

Just a quick update-the car was picked up by the transporter yesterday in Virginia and is supposed to be here in Mississippi later this afternoon. I am just waiting on the transport driver to call and let me know he is here....

Man, am I nervous!

Pics later...
                  Eric Giles
                  '07 X5 4.8i
                  '01 325i
                  sigpic

Comment

I hate that Melancholy anxious feeling you get when you're waiting on something important! :grr:

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

OK, I got some quick pics up. Check them out in the member gallery forum!
                      Eric Giles
                      '07 X5 4.8i
                      '01 325i
                      sigpic

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                        X