any original owners out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any original owners out there?

i was reading another thread and one of the posters happened to be the first owner of his m3. it made me realize not a lot of OG owners still have their cars. so, how many of you guys are the original owners?
    original owner
    2.56%
    i wish
    97.44%
    "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
    "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
    onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

I wish! I was 21 when my car was first built - no way I could have afforded a 30 grand car back then!
    Steve
    Scottish Cecotto

Comment

I was still riding a bicycle when mine was built.

Comment

Originally posted by OnrailsM3
        I was still riding a bicycle when mine was built.
        I'm not even sure I could do that.

Comment

I was 12 when my car was built! - At that point I was drawing M3's on my school books......

Comment

I too was 12 when my '89 was purchased by the orig owner. I was 15 when I first saw one, and at the time recall thinking it had a silly trunklid compared to my mom's '88 325i.

It took 10 long years to look beyond that silly trunklid and finally buy one( ok fine, it was my bank acct not the trunklid)
            '91 318i "does it all"
            '91 Klein Rascal "eco-friendly"

Comment

I'm more or less an original owner. My father bought the car new, well leased it actually. after the lease was up he purchased it as a company car for his business. He has since passed, my mother now owns the company, and after much coersion she gave the car to me. My mother can't drive stick, so while my father was able to justify the company car status by making the 10 mile round trip commute everyday between his home garage and the business garage, it was of no use to my mother.

So I guess on paper I may be the third owner, 1st- Leasing Co., 2nd- my father's business, 3rd- me. The car has aways lived in the same garage though, and always seen the same mechanic, and I have paperwork going all the way back to the window sticker. Does that count?
              1990 BMW M3
              1989 Porsche 951
              1988 Volvo 240DL

Comment

My dad has a customer that owns a 90 or 91 and I think he is the origional owner. I'm going to give him my tow hook cover since he has lost his

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                they are not idiots.

Comment

I was 18 and in high school when mine was built. I do know the person who was the original owner because he is a friend of mine.

Comment

I was 15 years old when my 04/87 production M3 was built. Turned 16 that June.
                    '88 E30 M3
                    '06 E90 330i

Comment

Originally posted by SCA1
                      I was 15 years old when my 04/87 production M3 was built. Turned 16 that June.
                      I was 6

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                      they are not idiots.

Comment

I was driving a Camaro :rolleyes:

Comment

I was 4 yeas old when mine was pursched

Comment

I was 8 when my car was purchased

Comment

And I was already totally broke when mine was new[done]

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

Working...
                              X