No announcement yet.

what do you think guys putting NOs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if you added some higher flow fuel injectors to get some much needed fuel in there, and went with the idea of adding a second "fuel rail" for some nitrous injectors to make sure you get an even distribution across the four throttles, and stick to something safe like a 50hp shot, you should be fine. If properly tuned, it would be safe enough, using RPM windows and a fuel switch, etc; especially if you were to go ahead and use some forged pistons as well.

I honestly don't understand why everyone's so on about nitrous being stupid when if applied correctly it can be a fairly affordable power adder?

Comment

I have never done nitrous, it will make big power no doubt but the idea of say 50 hp that comes on like a light switch has never appealed to me that much. For dragging, yeah, OK but for an M3 I'm not sure where it would be useful. Top end run?

The S14, like most modern sportbike engines, is wound pretty tight as it comes out of the box. Same way, it's hard to get a lot more power without going to extreme measures...and/or losing drivability...

Comment

thank you!

[

I honestly don't understand why everyone's so on about nitrous being stupid when if applied correctly it can be a fairly affordable power adder? [/B][/QUOTE]

im just curious!!! and most of them answered like i have it already on my s14, but anyway, nice to see a lot of them are not "in" to nitrous, its my opinion too not w/ the s14 motor.
        a track car dont need it unless i drag it..
        have a happy holidays guys, more MPower to all of yah!!

arvzs1

Comment

Originally posted by Hollis
          I honestly don't understand why everyone's so on about nitrous being stupid when if applied correctly it can be a fairly affordable power adder?

I take it you're new around here :p

A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

Arvzs1,

You need to accept that most of the members of this forum are staunch S14 devotees and truly respect the craftsmanship that was put into engineering the car by BMW. The thought of an E36 engine swap, nitrous, or any radical mod that takes aware from the purity of the original car is and will be viewed as blasphemy by most.

Its nothing personal...just reality.

Hang around a bit longer, theres a hell of a lot you can learn from these guys whether or not you go nitrous!.....

Comment

I remember the look Don Fields gave me when I mentioned installing nitrous after picking up my new 2.5 LOL

Comment

Working...
              X