car turn off on left turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car turn off on left turn

Hi guys today I was driving my car when I made a sharp rigth turn and the car turn off I waited for about 1min and car started rigth up has anyone ever had this problem I thought it could be the prime fuel pump but whould like more advice thanks

I would check your connections where the MAF is as well. Good luck!

Comment

If it only does it on right hand turns it's probably the secondary pump. How much gas is in the tank? If it's less than a half I'd look at that pump.

Comment

Yes it was a little lest than half but I took the car out again and had lest than half tank and nothing happen
        drove it for about 1.5 hr and nothing I'm very concern need help

Comment

I had this happen once when I was low on fuel, it just cut out while I was hard on the gas in a turn. It cleared up and didn't die though as I left it in gear, it hasn't happened since then (which was around 2 years ago).
          Ryan G. MotorWorks

'72 2002tii Inka/Black (Restoring- then FS)
          '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
          '04 Mini Cooper S 6spd White/Black
          http://www.ryangmw.com

Comment

I had this happen on a RX7TT, had a bare spot in the fuel pump relay wiring that would only touch bare metal when cornering in one direction, drove me nuts for months before I finally lucked into figuring it out

you just never know, best wishes for a speedy fix
            A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

happened to me too after a hard left turn - the metal elbow near the front of the intake plenum was loose and lateral G's pulled it right out for me.
              I popped it back in, started back up and went to go buy some silicone sealant... Good luck =)
              -E
              '88 M3 200K+ miles and counting

Comment

Check for a frayed fuel pump ground wire too under the rear seat
                sigpic
                2010 BMW Club Racing E30 M3 Touring Car Champion
                2011, 2013 SCCA Runoffs Super Touring Under 3.0L Bronze Medalist
                2011 SCCA Jim Fitzgerald Rookie of the Year
                2012 SCCA Northeast Divisional STU Champion
                2015 SCCA Runoffs STU Polesitter

Comment

Working...
                X