Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do the New York guys get work done??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do the New York guys get work done??

Its been 10 years since I owned e30 M3. I've decided to buy one again (for obvious reasons) but I do not know where I could find a competent e30 M3 mechanic/tech in Queens NY. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dean

Im not shure where to tell you the truth , but a friend of myn that aslow lives in Queens astoria has 4 E30 M3s he has some one arownd there that dose some of his work , but i alsow thing he gose to a plase in North jersy to Don Feels , ( Sorry of i mispernounsed the last name i dont remember it ). But if your ever out in astoria and you see a white one or a red one thats prob him , just ask.

Comment

RPMracinginc.com
      RPM racing is located in Huntington Long Island. I've had great experience with them and they're located about 45 minutes east of Queens.
      '91 318i "does it all"
      '91 Klein Rascal "eco-friendly"

Comment

Welcome,

Here's others.
        http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

i live in queens and i do all the things on my car,including minor painting, shocks and spring, electrical wiring etc..
          2 of my friends have e30 m3 and i did most of the works on their car,
          you can check my car and basically that will tell you how the way i work, im just trying to help and save you money..it just my hobby for years and try to earn a little from it...
          check out the gallery.
          thanks..

Comment

Awesome. Thanks guys!!!

Comment

Arvzs1,

Where did you get the front splitter that fits under the evo spoiler ??

..Mike

Comment

RPM gets my vote too. The have been working on mine for 2 years now.

Don Fields is still the best around, bar none, end of story.

For a place closer to you that is competent, check out Euromeccanica in White Plains. Mike Schiffer has been working on BMWs since the paint was wet on the 2002s.

You a BMWCCA member? We are having our 10th annual?(maybe 9th) "Beach party" at his shopthat always draws a crowd, you should come. www.nybmwcca.org

Same post type, on our forum.
                http://nybmwcca.org/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=111&
                Last edited by OnrailsM3; 12-17-2004, 03:41 AM.

Comment

OnRails...where is this euromeccanica in White plains...thats right near me and would really save me a lot of money. You have a # or anything?

Comment

Nevermind...i got it.....you dont knwo how much of a relief it is to call up a shop and when you tell them you have an 88 M3....they say "Wow...i just drove in today in one, its on the lift right now".

Piece of mind=Priceless

Comment

Originally posted by ADA///M
                      Nevermind...i got it.....you dont knwo how much of a relief it is to call up a shop and when you tell them you have an 88 M3....they say "Wow...i just drove in today in one, its on the lift right now".

Piece of mind=Priceless
                      Glad I can help. Check the BMWCCA Link I gave you, go to upcoming events. We have a tech session thing there in Feburary .

Comment

Westbury, Specialty Pro Line Techs BMW 516-876-2063 - Roger
                        15-20 minutes from La Guardia Airport

Comment

Arvzs who is Arvin had worked on my '89 M3 and '89 Rodney's. His front splitter was from a 90 325i which he made minor mods on.

He used to have a 325i.

Comment

Originally posted by TYMl3S
                            RPMracinginc.com
                            RPM racing is located in Huntington Long Island. I've had great experience with them and they're located about 45 minutes east of Queens.
                            Yes! They get the work that I can't do myself on both of my cars. They are not only good mechs, they are also great to deal with.
                            1990 BMW M3
                            1989 Porsche 951
                            1988 Volvo 240DL

Comment

I use Bimmers Only in Bedford. They are competant and see lots of S14s. They also told me about the 535 wheel bearings so they win points for that. I think if I ever needed anything major like a rebuild I'd go to Don Fields. But Bimmers Only is close to me. If I were closer to RPM I'd go there...that place looks awesome!!
                              "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Working...
                              X