Hey BMW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey BMW!

When I send you $, whether it be through presently owning 17 m3s, or only buying BMW parts for the last 31 years, or $1000 BMWCCA lifetime memberships, I am only doing that for one reason and one reason only... to support a brand thats' sole focus was to build the ultimate driving machine. Not to tell me, or suggest, or accept, or pander, or whatever whatever. Listen, BMW, build the ultimate driving machine. That's it. I don't need a platform, a position, a we support, a we took some of your $ and did this with it, no. You take the $ and build the ultimate driving machine, that's it. Got it BMW? Continue to build the ultimate driving machine. That's it. No launches. No campaigns. No hashtags. Just build the ultimate driving machine.

S14ers: so happy for you that in the e30m3, you truly own the ultimate driving machine. Wanted you to have this first, as it's going in an envelope to Bernhard Kuhnt right now. Love love
    the winningest racecar ever.

Well said Donald. Is it too late to add another letter in the envelope? Tell them if they are going to offer a manual gearbox, please make it good. The gearbox in my my M2C is ehhhh at best. Ironcially it's not as good as my 30 year old gear box in any of my E30 M3's. The ultimate driving machine indeed !

E30 M3: Stripey: AW track car 88'
    E30 M3: AW NC: 2.3 with Pete McHenry head 88’
    E30 M3: AW NH: 2.5 VSR1 Built 88’
    E36 M3 PTG built LTW: Euro S50B30, 365 HP 95’
    E36 3/4/5 AW Daily
    Dodge GLHT 1985....Fast
    D90: Land Rover Defender, AW 33k miles 97’
    2002: Arctic Silver, Blue, restored stock 76’
    944: SP1 Rothman Clone, 135 hp, 83’
    Jeep Trackhawk, absurdity defined 18’
    BMW M2C AW, 6 speed

Comment

Cheers well said let’s start a movement of our own
      Mike

Comment

BMW nowadays wants to build high-end luxury cars more than driving machines.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
          BMW nowadays wants to build high-end luxury cars more than driving machines.
          you mean high end SUV's?

can't stop laughing at the concept of not just an X3/X4 "M", but now they have X3/4M "COMPETITION" models. what the heck "competition" is an SUV ever going to be in? SHEESH!
          Marshall
          75 M2
          88 M3

Comment

Originally posted by mlytle View Post

you mean high end SUV's?

can't stop laughing at the concept of not just an X3/X4 "M", but now they have X3/4M "COMPETITION" models. what the heck "competition" is an SUV ever going to be in? SHEESH!
            LOL. Much as I love my M3, there is so much I dislike about BMW today, I would never buy a new one. I think the worst thing they are doing, is frantically trying to set things up so that no one but a BMW dealer can work on the cars....

Comment

BMW has marketed themselves much like MB and Audi now, A1-8 MB has a enough cars that look like each other and now BMW's X1-8, said part is the depreciate faster than a falling stone.
              Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Agree, I also own a 911 and Porsche is the only car company that can build an almost perfect car then turn around and remove a lot of the things that made it perfect and sell it for more money and sell the limited editions before they hit the showroom. If people continue to buy this stuff, they will continue to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by mlytle View Post

you mean high end SUV's?

They put the M badge on everything now including non "M" cars. WTF is an M340i? From what I can tell it's a 340 with M door sills and stickers on the brake calipers. It's such a short sighted marketing strategy, they've diluted the motorsport brand to the point that it's meaningless. I mean, if they're going to make M-style cars then real M cars need to be stripped down CSL style beasts.

Comment

I miss when BMW was the benchmark for all other car manufacturers.
                    The 3 series used to be the target for all compact cars.
                    The 5 series was the target for all sedans.
                    The S5xx was always better than the 7 series (lol) except during the e38 reign.

Sadly, these days they are trying to play catch up with the likes of Audi and creating every silly series after the next...
                    Quantity started to out weigh quality for our beloved brand and I can not accept it.

Since high school referred to me as a the bimmer guy because of the e30 I drove and adored.
                    So friends/family would make it a point to show me they bought a new BMW, YaY! right?
                    Nope! I go through the same shpeel every time...
                    They aren't the brand I used to love.

Comment

If you want to make yourself crazy....look up the initial quality and reliability stats for new BMWs. They are abysmal. For the record, same with Audi. You will hear knowledgeable owners who have stayed loyal to these brands say things like "make sure you sell it before the warranty runs out.....".

Who is willing or can afford to buy a new $75-100K+ BMW or Audi, then sell it for $20-30K a couple years down the road while still under warranty? The depreciation on both brands is horrendous. You have to really be in love with the marque to buy one these days.

Comment

Working...
                      X