Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 90's cars with looming NLA parts

I like cars from the 1990's.
    I am wondering what is the best car for me to own and keep in light of fear of nla parts.
    I previously owned a 1997 Porsche Carrera. Since sold.
    Current cars include 1992 subaru svx and 1990 BMW M3.
    The subaru is running out of available parts.
    Will the BMW hold up better?
    Should I go back to Porsche?
    Any other suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Bill Z

Buy a Prius never run out of parts they will all land in a recycling plant

Comment

Originally posted by evommm View Post
      Buy a Prius never run out of parts they will all land in a recycling plant
      Prius definitely got more parts available. My buddy recently got a 1997 with only 59k miles on the clock. He got some good parts from the nearby salvage yard. We'll work on it right after we finished installing the new brake kit and cooper tires on his current Ram project.

Comment

Auto manufacturers are required by US Federal Law to have parts available for any models they sold for the period of 10 years. Our M3s are 30 years old and a great number of parts are still available, Porsche is similar. I have an Opel GT and I can get almost every part although they are repo but better quality than the part was 50 years ago. The comment on the Prius is a good one, check out the local auto wreckers, if there are any which allow pick and pulling. On the other hand, Prius' are boring cars. The joy of owning an old car is working on them and sourcing the parts.

Comment

Working...
        X