X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every vote counts !!! Sign up for the 'RPM Act"

Gents,

For those who are not aware of.

Every vote it counts !!! EPA is going wild and wants wipe all Race Track activities...

https://www.votervoice.net/SEMA/campaigns/45394/respond

Regards,
    Anri.

E30M3
    E28M5
    E24M6
    E24M6
    E24M6
    E24M6
    E31840Ci/S62.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyh...=dd&shelf_id=0

Jeez!! It never ends with these stankin politicians! Done!

Comment

Originally posted by First E30 M3 View Post

Every vote it counts !!! EPA is going wild and wants wipe all Race Track activities...

Thats an exaggeration. What it means is that cars would need to meet their street car counterparts when it comes to emissions. It would take a ton of modifications and power off the table for sure, but that doesn't mean you can never take a car on a track again.

Comment

Originally posted by Westopher View Post
        Thats an exaggeration. What it means is that cars would need to meet their street car counterparts when it comes to emissions. It would take a ton of modifications and power off the table for sure, but that doesn't mean you can never take a car on a track again.
        REGARDLESS ... There's an overreach here and obvious someone is trying to make a name for themselves. They've lost their minds with "Green this and Green that!" The problem is they wont stop here if they win this battle.

Comment

Look, I don't agree with the measures, but I also don't agree with making things up that are false to get people on your side. It invalidates arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by Westopher View Post
            Hi,

I can tell you have not done deep look over. When you get pulled over and you are asked to pop the hood and they give you Referee ticket for your carbon box, your fresh spent money on SuperSprint exhaust system, catalyst is not OEM okay one can get 50 state legal but, cold air intake....MAF delete ones you get to the Referee trust me they will find million things to make your life miserable..Each part that is not original there is a penalty price list..

Thank God our cars don't have "Check Engine" light.....nor OBD crap. These people wants cars to be kept in their original state as they were Sold to public.

What state are you in ?

Regards,
            Anri
            E30M3
            E28M5
            E24M6
            E24M6
            E24M6
            E24M6
            E31840Ci/S62.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyh...=dd&shelf_id=0

Comment

Not being able to have those parts on your car =/= “wiping all race track activities”
              As I said, I agree with MOST of these proposals being ridiculous.
              I’m not in a state. I’m in Canada. Trust me I’ve had my life made difficult due to modifications even though my car is 100% compliant with the MVA.
              My plates were taken, car was towed and forced inspection until it could be reinsured, which it passed as is.

Comment

This is what it means and I honestly think it's just the first step towards a bigger picture. Only petrol heads gaf about mods and our love of the car isn't in the majority. Most people are buying and "driving" disposable "reliable " transport.
                we'll get you there is all that matters.

1989 E30 M3 DD
                2002 R1150R

Donate some social capitol to my cause please?

twitter.com/LUMANIKUS
                facebook.com/Lumanikus

Comment

A counter argument would be that we all need to make some effort towards clean air. In reading through some of the proponents arguments, they seem especially angered by diesel guys de-smogging their trucks. I don't know if this is a reflection of the whole "rolling coal" trend, but diesels do seem to put out a lot of soot if they don't have those ammonia canisters. But either way, we are trying to compromise our love of performance with everyone's love of breathing. I grew up in Southern Cal in the 60's and 70's, and the air is orders of magnitude better now after CA enacted stricter emissions standards. So I have no problem with meeting tailpipe specs, I think that is reasonable. But I don't think visual inspections need to be there; just shove a probe up my exhaust and see if I'm polluting. How I get to spec is irrelevant.

Comment

• Lumanikus
                    Lumanikus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "But I don't think visual inspections need to be there; just shove a probe up my exhaust and see if I'm polluting. How I get to spec is irrelevant."

Exactly, that's excessive, furthermore one regulation does not fit all. Just because California needed to go on a strict diet to lose some weight dosen't mean every population should undergo the same.

"Exactly, that's excessive, furthermore one regulation does not fit all. Just because California needed to go on a strict diet to lose some weight dosen't mean every population should undergo the same."

Except in this case, the smog doesn't stay in LA; that air ultimately moves across the country/world. So we all breathe the same air in the end. For the sake of my kids' and grandkids' lungs I wouldn't mind a national emissions standard. Just one that is more reasonably enforced.

Comment

Just wait until California, Massachusetts, and NJ outlaws fuel sales altogether. Bad times maby coming for people like us who like classic cars.
                    There'll be Spandex jackets one for everyone ...

Comment

Originally posted by njboy View Post
                      Just wait until California, Massachusetts, and NJ outlaws fuel sales altogether. Bad times maby coming for people like us who like classic cars.
                      Cali is all over that right now!

California Senators Push Biden to Set End Date for Gas-Car Sales (caranddriver.com)

My personal feeling... I'll never drive electric crap and yes I've driven almost all of it. NO THANKS!

Comment

What irks me, is that they are trying to make feel-good political policy into iron-clad law, while completely disregarding the actual reality of the situation.

Our current power grid is completely inadequate to handle millions of new electric cars on the road. Are electric cars going to be supplied by coal fired plants? Probably not. The same political camp pushing this sort of crap will vigorously oppose any fossil fuel power, fight the construction of new dams, nuclear is a non-starter. Anyone who believes solar and wind energy can now or ever meet this need is dreaming.

Same 'ol shit. They only acknowledge reality as they want it to be, not as it actually is.

Comment

I agree.
                          Also there is this one narrative, climate change. No concern for land conservation, wildlife preservation, or concerns of other forms of pollution that come from solar panels and especially batteries.

Also EVs are a step backwards with regards to energy density. We should be moving forward to more energy dense sources like nuclear. Not away. Through history man has progressed from burning wood and dung, to coal, to fossil fuels and then we should go nuclear. Batteries is a step back from gasoline and diesel.
                          There'll be Spandex jackets one for everyone ...

Comment

Originally posted by njboy View Post
                            I agree.
                            Also there is this one narrative, climate change. No concern for land conservation, wildlife preservation, or concerns of other forms of pollution that come from solar panels and especially batteries.

Also EVs are a step backwards with regards to energy density. We should be moving forward to more energy dense sources like nuclear. Not away. Through history man has progressed from burning wood and dung, to coal, to fossil fuels and then we should go nuclear. Batteries is a step back from gasoline and diesel.
                            I agree that nuclear power, of all our options, has the fewest downsides. It can meet our needs, with available technology. As I said though, it is vigorously opposed by all the unicorn riding utopians because it doesn't fit their version of reality.

Comment

Working...
                            X