Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carfax request for US M3.

Hi everyone,

Planning on purchasing a neat looking US E30 M3.

However due to being outside USA, our browsers here won't let me access carfax.

Is anyone able to run a full carfax report going back to day 1 of the delivery or whatever history is available on carfax?

The vehicle's mileage is concerning as it seems very low considering its age.

Your help is much appreciated.

vehicle details;
    ViN; ​​​WBSAK030XJ2197073

If someone can email the whole report to my email address. That would be much appreciated.

Regards

Burak

in June of 1993, it had 88,888 miles and was exported from Los Altos, CA, to Japan, through the port of Tacoma, Washington. that was the last entry on the Carfax.

not able to email the report, unfortunately.
    Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3 M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

• E30Butik
      E30Butik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Austin! That's a good start as the mileage of the car here shows 23000 kms and cluster is in kms and not miles. Which basically has been swapped over at some stage but hopefully books will back up the mileage which I am planning on seeing this week. We'll see if carfax shows any other detail. Much appreciated sir.

Checking with a friend at BMW, the car still has an open recall on the cooling system. There is not other information other than the previous owner's information which lists the car in San Jose, CA.

1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
    1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
    1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Thanks James. Fingers crossed we can dig deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by L James View Post
        Checking with a friend at BMW, the car still has an open recall on the cooling system. There is not other information other than the previous owner's information which lists the car in San Jose, CA.
        Is it possible from dealership what engine number it came with and the options list of the vehicle? When I run vin decoder, I can not see any options visible nor the engine number.

Regards

Comment

• L James
          L James commented
          Editing a comment
          This information is not from a dealership. It's from a friend at BMW NA. They would not have the engine number in the system. Regarding the options, there were no real options as they came fully loaded. There could have been dealer added items such as an alarm system, sunroof deflector, bra, pinstriping or misc... But those things would not be listed on the information I got for you.

If the information via the carfax is correct and the car was exported, I doubt there's any recent information. You could see if there's anything available via Japanese websites for information on when it arrived there... Unfortunately, I don't know anything or where to look for that as it's fairly country specific.

Best of luck with the search....

Thank you. Well noted.
        Yes I did read that US cars did come fully optioned then again;
        I thought rear headrests and rear blind was an option on these cars but I guess not.

Bmw archives at bmw classic should have the engine code which as a last resort I have written to and am expecting a response today. Bmw dealership was able to obtain the engine number partially but that is where I am at the moment.

So far the options on the build sheet show to have :
        401 electric sunroof
        410 electric windows
        530 AC
        540 Cruise Control
        551 OBC 2
        675 bmw sound system

Thanks for all your help. Will keep you posted.

Burak

Comment

Did end up buying the car folks. Thanks all for your help.. Will post pictures shortly.

Comment

This data isn't from a dealership. It's from a companion at BMW NA. They would not have the engine number within the framework. I am going to share this thread https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s14/off-topic-forum/1308398-florida lottery results-carfax-request-for-us-m3 to my kith and kin who want to know about that. With respect to the alternatives, there were no genuine choices as they came completely stacked. There might have been merchant included things such as an caution framework, sunroof redirector, bra, pinstriping or misc... But those things would not be recorded on the data I got for you. If the data through the carfax is adjust and the car was exported, I question there's any later data. You may see in case there's anything accessible through Japanese websites for data on when it arrived there... Tragically, I do not know anything or where to hunt for that as it's reasonably nation specific.

Comment

Working...
            X