s14 into e36M3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s14 into e36M3?

I was going to swap things around temporary . was wondering anybody could tell me how difficult this would be? thanks jeff

Re: s14 into e36M3?

Well, its been done, and by Motorsport. But, other than for the love/passion of it, I can't see why you'd want to do it.

Your challenges:

1- motor/tranny mounts
    2- wiring harnesses
    3- driveshaft
    4- instrumentation

Assuming its a race application, 4 won't apply. But why not go for an S42?

-jefrem

Originally posted by ert jeff
    I was going to swap things around temporary . was wondering anybody could tell me how difficult this would be? thanks jeff
    Jefrem Iwaniw

Comment

Just tired want to drive, all 4 cars apart this is the only combo for now!

Comment

well if you can put an E36 motor into an E30 with virtually no modifications, just parts bin parts, then I don't see why you couldn't do the same for an E30 motor into an E36. I guess I'd start by taking a bare E36 front subframe and seeing how it matches up to the engine mounts on the S14. I think the tranny mounts should work fine and the E36 driveshaft would probably work as well. With an S50 and E36 M3 tranny you need a E30 M3 driveshaft in an e30 and they all bolt right up. It's worth a try, but due to the weight of most E36's might not have the most favorable results.

Comment

Yes, it is possible to put an e30 motor in an e36 shell, as it is possible to shoehorn an e36 motor in an e30, but it requires a different oil pan. When swapping the S14 into the e36, you will also need a different oil pan to clear the subframe. Perhaps the e36 M42/44 oil pan and oil pump pick-up could fit the S14 block, and clear the subframe.
          Last edited by LeeVuong; 12-22-2005, 05:32 PM.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
          1989 M3 racecar
          e39 Touring

Comment

Hopefully either your E36 is stripped or your S14 is built to the tits............. otherwise the combination is a bit of a dog performance wise from what I understand.

Comment

i also know to 2 e46 models(320Ci) who use a high tuned S14 2.0 engine in a german race series at the Nürburgring

Markus

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

Working...
              X