Accident in the canyons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident in the canyons

Me and a friend were driving on mulholland hwy today (Malibu, CA) when a guy in an audi 2.8 following me understeered in a turn and collided with a biker coming from the other direction. My friend had actually invited the audi guy along with us because they were friends. Unfortunately it seemed that he wasn't familiar with his or the cars limits and caused an accident that could have been much more serious than it turned out to be. I have forwarded these pictures to the bike owner, he just told me that he got back from the hospital with nothing more than a few bruises which is good news. I also threw in some pics from the drive after the accident when the audi kid went home.

AST Suspension | Facebook | Blog

Did this happen after the meet in Calabasas?
    1989 M3 (till I die)
    1987 325iS (sold)
    1985 325e (sold)
    1984 318i (sold)

Comment

I heard there are accidents there almost every weekend, I am surprised the cops are not super strict yet. Good thing everyone was ok! That red 356 is HOT !

Comment

i talked to the officer, he said that the calls usually pick up around noon and there are usually several on sunday. Sundays are the worst days apparently.

Comment

If I was that motorcylce rider....

Man oh man, Mr. Audi would be in lots of trouble.
          Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

That sucks to hear, but...

I've had similar things happen to me before, someone would try to follow my M into a turn when I'm going balls-out, the lesser car can't make the turn and proceeds to spin/hit the barrier.

Thankfully nobody has ever gone into oncoming traffic or injured themselves.

Something to consider when driving our cars, I'm sure the audi guy thought his new car could stick like the M, maybe we have a responsibility to keep it a bit slower when there are inexperienced drivers following us.

Comment

there is no excuse for driving to the point where you lose control on the street. On drives I have hosted people ended up in ditches and almost into bikes at that point no more drives set up on forums for me. Its sad that the bike got the short end of the stick and its no one elses fault other then the driver of the audi imo

Shes sold now :(

Comment

I used to live in Thousand Oaks and would drive the canyons all the time. It got to a point where I would have to go for my drives after work because the weekends were just way too crowded.

You get people who think they are fast, people on bikes, people who are fast, and tourists on the same two lane road and very bad things happen. I stay on the lesser traveled roads through those canyons.

Comment

Originally posted by M3Driver
                  That sucks to hear, but...
                  Something to consider when driving our cars, I'm sure the audi guy thought his new car could stick like the M, maybe we have a responsibility to keep it a bit slower when there are inexperienced drivers following us.
                  Why? If some idiot wants to try an hang...he is more than welcome. It's not my job to limit my driving experience for some idiot that doesn't know the limits of his car. With that being said...I don't advocate street racing or endangering any other people on the road...I am speaking purely driving experience. I am going to take a turn slower or sharper in an effort to ease the inexperience of the guy behind me? NOT...that is why I own an e30 M3!!!:t:

Comment

Is this the same incident as the black-and-white video that's being posted on all the car forums like 2-3 days ago?

Luckily the guy on the bike was not seriously injured.

Comment

post a link to the thread or video and i'll tell you, i saw the whole thing.

Comment

I've can seem to find the thread anymore. I'll keep searching. I knew I should of bookmarked or saved the thread for a bit.

I just remember seeing the Audi understeer and going straight into a pair of motorcyclists. Fortunately what I saw in the video was that the motorcyclist that got hit got up immediately and was standing. Then that was the end of the video.

Comment

sounds like the accident i witnessed.

Comment

This vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMC2J...Fsocalshifters

Comment

Working...
                            X