190e 2.3 16v for sale in Sand Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 190e 2.3 16v for sale in Sand Diego

My friend and I test drove a 190e 2.3 16v toady in San Diego and regretfully my friend is passing on the car. The owner wants to sell the car fast as he has found a deal on a sport bike and he needs the cash. The car is charcoal in color, although the paint is very faded, and it has 126,000 real miles on the odometer. The car was in great mecahnical condition. The exterior will need some work, but its nothing some elbow grease and body shop knowhow can't accomplish. The car is $3500, but he will go lower. Anyone interested in this car PM me and I will give you the contact information. I'd buy it but I have no money and no use for it other then to park it next to my M and revel at the old school DTM goodness.
    1986 Mercedes 190e 2.3-16 Cosworth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JNJ-qVPBkU

That is a STEAL even if it needs a complete repaint.
    "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Sweet ride, i drove one of those for a while and i remember enjoying it.
      1989 E30 M3 DD
      2002 R1150R

Donate some social capitol to my cause please?

twitter.com/LUMANIKUS
      facebook.com/Lumanikus

Comment

Re: 190e 2.3 16v for sale in Sand Diego

Originally posted by project86
        ...park it next to my M and revel at the old school DTM goodness.
        Haha! I feel the same way. It would rule to have one of each.

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineRunner
          That is a STEAL even if it needs a complete repaint.
          I wouldn't consider $3500 a "steal". Remember, the 16 valves have not held their value as well as our M3s. I've been in the market for one for over a year and $3500 for this ride sounds about right, maybe even a little high considering the paint and other issues. 126,000 miles is by no means "young" either.
          My website - Ebbworld- Life, Love, and Why

"All praise, honor, and glory to the One who has ransomed us from sin and death, Jesus Christ, our Savior."

Comment

Since I am busy this week I am just going to list the contact info. The guys name is Jim and he is located about 5 minutes south of La Jolla next to Sea World and the San Diego Sports Arena. His phone number is (619) 865-0115. Tell him that you are a friend of Sebastian's if he asks how you found out about the car. If someone needs help with shipping or something i'd be glad to do it but compensation in the way of M3 parts, which I always need, would be greatly appreciated. I have driven this car and a few others and I would say for $3500 or less its a good deal, not necessarily a steal, but still a good find for anyone who is looking for a 16 valve. The car felt solid and really there only seemed to minor issues. Of course have it checked out by a shop first just to double check.

Comment

hey, my brother is interested in the car

can you get some photos to us? derekboycks(at)comcast.net

we're in costa mesa, so would could come down and look at it

thanks
              Where'd you get the coconuts?

Comment

the car is in san diego. call the number above to get more info. i have no pictures, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by voltron88x
                  I wouldn't consider $3500 a "steal". Remember, the 16 valves have not held their value as well as our M3s. I've been in the market for one for over a year and $3500 for this ride sounds about right, maybe even a little high considering the paint and other issues. 126,000 miles is by no means "young" either.
                  It's pretty young for a 20 year old car though, thats about 6,000 miles a year so was most likely just a weekend car. The price doesnt sound to bad for cali either and depending on how much body work is needed might be a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                  X