Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your most retarded things you've had happen or done in your M3?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine is a RHD conversion and it took me a while to realise why central locking only worked from the passenger side

Comment

• Buying an E30 M3 with 16 bent valves and instead of just putting a new head on the damn thing and driving it, letting it sit on jack stands for 4 years sucking money out my wallet. Retarded. Ohh the things we do.
      1988 E30 M3 S38
      1970 E10 2002 S14

Comment

• I once used the factory jack to lift the car and the jack slipped. It dropped the car right in the side skirt that was crushed by the impact. I was soo bummed when it happended that i took epoxy and tried to put teh peices back together.

It held up for awhile until the she was redone two years ago!!

I only use floor jacks now

Comment

• When my 325is was M20 powered, I forgot to put on the oil filler cap after adding oil. On the grid I was wondering why the car was idling roughly. Came in early to find oil all over the hood liner... and the engine. The filler cap was still in the bay, thankfully.
          John 3:17

Comment

• Originally posted by markseven View Post
            When my 325is was M20 powered, I forgot to put on the oil filler cap after adding oil. On the grid I was wondering why the car was idling roughly. Came in early to find oil all over the hood liner... and the engine. The filler cap was still in the bay, thankfully.
            A shop did this to my 318is. I was driving along and somehow out of my rear view mirror I saw a small black cap that appeared on the road behind me. Wondering if it had come off my car, I pulled over, popped the hood and was greeted with oil scattered everywhere. I was fortunate not to have gone more than a couple miles AND be walking distance to the displaced cap.

Comment

• Just reading through this old thread and laughing. I just remembered another one. I had the M3 one week when my girlfriend at the time opened the door and hit a metal fence pole. "Bitch you better hold that door when you open it!!!" jumped out of my mouth before I knew it. Cut to the next scene and she's walking home with me saying "Baby, just get in the car..."
              1991 E30 M3
              2007 Jeep Commander Overland
              2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

• I am new to E30 M3 ownership. Dumbest thing I did so far is buy the car last October knowing I would have to put it away in November! Record snowfall in Boston means I may not be getting it back on the road until May :( Now I get to sit around buying parts and gizmos for the car - it's already costing me money and it's not even in my garage.

Comment

• I pulled H&R springs for a JEEP LIBERTY out of my m3.
                  Yup.

Comment

• Originally posted by markseven View Post
                    When my 325is was M20 powered, I forgot to put on the oil filler cap after adding oil. On the grid I was wondering why the car was idling roughly. Came in early to find oil all over the hood liner... and the engine. The filler cap was still in the bay, thankfully.
                    We did this once on our Chumpcar/WRL E30. Topped off the oil in the morning and forgot to put the cap back on. Wasn't idling properly but we went out anyway. First driver came in after an hour and a half of racing and the bay was soaked and smoking. Initially we panicked and tried to figure out what blew up until we noticed the lack of oil cap. Added a couple quarts, put on the cap from the spare engine and went back out. M20's can take a tremendous amount of abuse. We learned out lesson and that's now on the check list as well as safety wired.

1988 Lachssilber E30 M3
                    1977 320i Track Toy

Comment

• I sold mine, dumbest thing I have ever done. Should have just sold my race motor and spares and kept the roller and eventually put a 2.5 in her. I still get choked up but I own a house now so I guess it wasn't all that bad.

Shes sold now :(

Comment

Working...
                      X