24 Hours of Spa-Francochamp video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 Hours of Spa-Francochamp video

Thanks to Lance Richert's work at duplicating on DVD some rare e30 m3 footage, I had the chance to watch his latest release: the 1992 24 hours of Spa Francorchamps. This DVD is #26 and perhaps one of the top 3 DVD of the whole collection. Imagine a 24 hours endurance race where there's only ONE seconde between #1 and #2.

One of the highlights of the DVD is an interview with Charlie Lamm, head manager of the Schnitzer team, as well as guided tour of the Schnitzer workshop. Personally, I enjoyed him talking in French, as well as all French commentaries. The BMW battle was between the Bigazzi and Schnitzer teams.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
    1989 M3 racecar
    e39 Touring

Teaser

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
    1989 M3 racecar
    e39 Touring

Comment

This would be nice to have ......... playing on my TV in the garage (that's not installed yet) while I work on the M. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be sharing the same enthusiasm for the French speaking part........... as the only French I know is French kissing hawt chicks :jakeroutine:

That last picture of tease......... interesting stuff in the rad area. For some reason, I haven't ever seen all that junk there ........ I'm assuming these are the last generation of the E30 M3 beasts that were created....... 1991's ?!?!

Out of curiousity, any reason why the interior and the engine compartments were painted red ??? Was there a good reason for this ?

Comment

Hi Tom. Those DVDs are $12usd each from Lance Richert. The best smile for the buck. There's a also great sequence where Eric Van De Poele seats in a works car and explains all the controls and electric switches. Not to mention the sequence where the #1 Nissan burst into a huge tower of flames, in the pits, while Charlie Lamm tries to convince the stewarts to take the pace car out to the track so that one of the BMW works car (Schnitzer team of course) doesn't get stuck into the pit lane to be blocked by the flaming car... Also, the funny thing about the French language is that in fact it is Belgian (as Spa is in Belgium). They have such a huge Belgian accent that it reminds us of old Belgian jokes that French used to tell in the 70's.

It is also noted that Steve Soper finished the race in good shape as he was wearing a cooling jacket under his Nomex (brand new technology in those days), while Eric Van de Poele did not have one and wasn't even able to stand up on the podium, competely dehydrated and about to pass out. This whole video takes care of several technical aspects of those Touring cars. Great if one understands French/Belgian.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
        1989 M3 racecar
        e39 Touring

Comment

Working...
        X