Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Transport Companies

I am trying to ship my moms Honda from Miami to Denver
    does anyone have recommendations or horror stories?
    there are too many on the web to know who to trust. I know it's only a Honda, but lost time and aggravation is what I am trying to avoid.

TIA :thank you
    GraemeD

Horseless Carriage. Not the least expensive, but *problem free*

Don McAdams
    1988 E30 M3
    "E30 M3 Owner & Enthusiast"

www.McAdamsAutoSport.com

Comment

Ditto on Horseless.

Comment

Intercity Lines. Used them many times. They may be bringing me a car from Cali. in a couple weeks.

Christopher
        Christopher

www.brmmotorsports.com

Comment

I have used Passport Transport (FedEx Custom Critical) three times and they have been great. I used them twice for my M3 and once for my 750iL. It's fully enclosed and pampered service. http://passport.fedex.com/
          Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
          1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
          2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
          http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

dasautoshippers.com

I wouldn't ship the m3 with them but for honda accord they should be very reasonable, I shipped many times with them

Comment

DAS seems to be the cheaper option, probably not the people to ship a concours car with, but definitely worth considering.

- Daniel

Comment

autobahntransport used them to ship the ///M covered transport to your door.

Comment

I was recommended DAS and used them to bring a car from Ohio to California but had nothing but problems. I paid for insurance and top loaded the car in an enclosed trailer. They didn't pick the car up from the dealer on the schedualed day, were 2 weeks late, didn't let me know when the car came in therefore it sat for 2 days, damaged the drivers door panel with snow shoes, attempted delivery to wrong adress, the car was filthy inside and out and lastly they didn't want to pay for the damage. I would deffinately not recommend them to anyone.

Originally posted by drinaldis
                  I dated a girl who used to do the reverse grind. I kinda liked it.

Comment

Thanks, all good info.
                    Horseless Carriage was a little too much price wise,
                    Intercity does not run that route on a scheduled basis
                    GraemeD

Comment

trusty transport.. good price no complains

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

I had my E46M3 shipped from San Antonio to Northern VA by a large company mentioned here. They picked up the car on time, went over it with a fine tooth comb listing every nick on the pre inspection report before loading it up, (this is a very clean car btw). When they delivered it to me, I was excited, and took photos of the car, while it was on their truck, as they were unloading it. This turned out to be a good thing that I did later.

It was about 20 degrees outside, plus wind chill, so I did not go over the car as thorough, as I should have. Any way, long story short, I found a big scratch on the rear bumper, and the top of the passenger mirror, had been scraped,after I got home. When I challenged them later, they did everything they could to deny the damage was caused by them, and it is good that I took photos of the car, because that was proof that it was there before I took delivery. I'm lucky it could be seen in the pics. Also this damage was also not indicated on their report.

Bottom line, make sure you go over the car well before you sign for it, because if you sign for it, they may try to say you have no right to a claim, because you signed for the car. You might want to take detailed before and after pics for your benefit, as it is being loaded, and unloaded.
                        I ultimately had to send the president a nicely worded letter, outlining this to get any resolution.
                        YMMV
                        sigpic
                        '88 Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by noro View Post
                          trusty transport.. good price no complains
                          after digging a little, I found this on Trusty
                          http://www.therose.com/html/trustytransport.html
                          GraemeD

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeD View Post
                            after digging a little, I found this on Trusty
                            http://www.therose.com/html/trustytransport.html
                            I used Trusty Transport back in 2003 when I bought my first M3. The price was better than anyone else and the car arrived on time and in perfect condition. So later on that year when it came time to move another car, I got another quote from them. Once again, they had the lowest price by almost $100 so I had the pickup scheduled. After two weeks, they still did not have a truck assigned to me. I went with someone else.

Earlier this year, a buddy of mine bought an '04 545i that was in CA, so I gave Trusty another shot. Once again, after waiting two weeks they still didn't have anyone to pick it up.

All Trusty Transport does is broker driver's around the country to transport these cars. They throw out a low price and hope that a driver out there will take the low bid. I had previously recommended Trusty to a few other people and they had no issues, but personally I don't think I will waste my time with them again.
                            Eric Giles
                            '07 X5 4.8i
                            '01 325i
                            sigpic

Comment

I think I am going to try http://www.allproautotransport.com,

they have an office here in Denver and live people to talk to on the phone.

I will let you know how it goes.
                              GraemeD

Comment

Working...
                              X