Mile High Greetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mile High Greetings

Hello, just a quick introduction, by this time tomorrow I will have joined the E30 M3 world. :

Amazingly I had NEVER seen this particular body style until a month ago until I had visited a friend's shop and the M3 caught my eye. The first thought that popped into my lobe was, "that's the coolest boxy looking car I have ever seen!" After asking about the car, I was shocked that it was built in 1990 and I hadn't seen one in the 17 years since?!?? I really must visit the ophthalmologist.

I immediately fell in love with it and since that evening a month ago I have been pestering, begging, and pleading with the owner (good friend of mine) to part with it -(he owns '03 M3 & '06 548)- suggesting that 3 BMWs is too much for any one gent to handle hehe. He relented as the car needs alot of work and didn't have the time to give it the attention it deserves.

So I am shifting my passion for autos from the 4th generation Supra (pics of my Supra here: http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ediafilter=all ) to the E30. Am very much looking forward to this project and have been pouring through the threads here on S14.net over the last couple of days to learn as much as possible about a beautiful car I know absolutely nothing about

Will post up a pic of the E30 tomorrow evening.

Can't wait!

Mike in Denver

Wow...congrats man welcome. Get those pics up asap

Comment

Welcome to S14.net. Kind of how I got into my car. Things just fell into place.

Beautiful Supra. I would love to get one, but the prices have skyrocketed, especially since Fast and the Furious gave it center stage. I hope you're done modding the Supra, cause the E30 M3 doesn't go easy on the wallet.

Comment

haha - you're in for a ride! Good to have you, and can't wait to see the project unfold!
        sigpic
        Click here to see the evolution of my E30 M3 Recent Pics My E30 M3 is sold but not forgotten:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by bman View Post
          Amazingly I had NEVER seen this particular body style until a month ago until I had visited a friend's shop and the M3 caught my eye.

I have been pestering, begging, and pleading with the owner (good friend of mine) to part with it -(he owns '03 M3 & '06 548)
          Denver must be a special place to never see the e30 m3 but to see the ultra rare '06 548 :

welcome, I hope you got the car, post some pics

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
            Denver must be a special place to never see the e30 m3 but to see the ultra rare '06 548 :

welcome, I hope you got the car, post some pics
            Detuned because of the altitude.

Comment

Thanks, all. Vlad i'm sure they are around, I was just oblivious to their existence, my mind was always on the Supra; all I needed to see was a sliver of a quarter passing by on the highway and I would spot a Supra hehe.

I was stoned re: 548 its an '06 M5, my bad.

Pics this evening!

Mike

Comment

Updated my Photobucket with images of the M3, can't wait to get started! So many things to do, i'm not quite sure where to start

Mike

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ediafilter=all

Comment

looks promising, AC Schnitzer wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
                    AC Schnitzer wheels?
                    That's what it looked like to me. Looks like a good base to start working on.

Comment

Welcome to the ///M3 world.
                      car looks pretty good..seems like
                      there's some upgrades already.
                      good luck and have lots of fun with it.
                      if you have some ?? S14.net is there
                      for ya.

Ogi
                      :burn:RED DRAGON

Comment

Thanks, I will definitely be asking questions once I have a clue on what to clearly ask about.

I'm not sure on the wheels, I'm certain they aren'tAC Schntizer, I think they are RH Wheels.

I do know coolant system is suffering from high pressure issues, will probably start my thread searching there

Comment

Welcome to the Cult.

You'll find your first outing in the car when properly sorted addictive. It's really the way the car communicates the road then how fast it can get down it.

Once you find your shift points and realize the car only has a 2500 rpm sweet spot with NO Torque it's gonna be 6500rpm shifts all day long. Solid lifters banging away is the sweetest music........

You've done the speed thing as I can see from your Supra.

Now you will have to learn momentum is your ally and late braking or lack of braking is where you catch em.

It's really the handling that keeps me hooked. Give me a tight track and a cool day and I'll catch that Supra of yours with 4 cylinders, maybe.(Yes, the interweb is for talking shit:mat

It's good to see you take on the project, kudos.

Comment

Hehe no doubt Onrails, and thanks for the welcome.

After getting embarrassed (badly) in the turns during a mountain cruise by a pair of race-prepped NSXs and an EVO I made an effort to alleviate that bathtub feeling of the Supra with a RaceLogic, coilover setup & corner balancing, it worked wonders..now the tub is only half full hehe.

I'm not a track person by any stretch although I hope to change that once I get to know the car, some classes, and PRAY that this project:
                            http://ringoftherockies.com/ becomes a reality for all track enthusiasts in the Rocky Mountain region. Wish I had the budget to become a founding member.

Comment

So it gets worse before it gets better, or some such saying like that; took the M3 to a power wash yesterday to remove a couple months of dirt, dust, n tree debris.

Power washing the driver side fender I notice paint chips starting to flake off, hmm, better not focus there. So moving clockwise I start spraying the hood...schooom...wtf was that?! Something blue for sure just went flying over the top of the car, hmmmm. I glance down and notice the BMW logo on the metal hood piece is no longer where it's supposed to be...son of a...

Is all good though, I love the car, feels wonderfully tight in the right places, no where to take this ride but up on this project! Just hope no more pieces come flying off hehe.

On the glass is half full side, i spoke to my boss [am developing/deploying inventory control system at his import recycler (read salvage) yard] about this beauty motor sitting on a cart I walked by the other day; an S54 motor with harness, ecu, etc.

I promised myself, no more modding of cars, but damn talk about temptation.

Comment

Working...
                              X