X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drove a 135 today

very impressive...tons of power.
    needs to be lowered, though.
    120 mph on the freeway makes the salesman nervous...
    50mph on 25mph on-ramp makes him very nervous...
    not pulling over and hitting the redline (repeatedly) on a car with only 45 miles makes him even more nervous...

i want one.
    1989 E30 M3

yeah, 300 HP is not joke.. now imagine what the e30 M3 witht he Euro swap feels like :wee:

Comment

Only a matter of time before this lovely engine is dropped into our belove E30 M3 chassis, or has it already been done?:idea:

The possibilities of tuning a turbo motor is endless, and good results at that. Hmm, any wrecked 335i with a good motor floating around?

Comment

Sadly it's gonna be a bit challenging to fit engine in the M3 engine bay. I installed a chip on my 335i that only ads 1.5lb of boost and the thing is incredible, same power in a small package gotta be even more fun.

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

some guy on bimmerforums is already swapping in a 335i engine ( I believe its the n54?).
          azevedo is doing the work I think, so maybe vlad knows something more about it.

"Unlike the latter day E36 and E46 M3's, the
          original E30 M3ís main purpose in life was to
          win races on the track, not the street. It
          got the job done."

Comment

I drove a 128i today as local dealer doesn't have a 135i yet. Salesman was saying 47K for the 135i and I had a good chuckle. Nice car seriously over priced.
            Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Originally posted by lastchild View Post
              very impressive...tons of power.
              needs to be lowered, though.
              120 mph on the freeway makes the salesman nervous...
              50mph on 25mph on-ramp makes him very nervous...
              not pulling over and hitting the redline (repeatedly) on a car with only 45 miles makes him even more nervous...

i want one.

WTF?!

have some respect for the machinery, the employee, and the people around on the roads.

jackass move :rolleyes:
              Manager's reply upon my exiting a customer's E30 M3 after moving: "Hey your zipper's down!"
              Mine: "Holy crap, its not what it looks like!!"

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                I drove a 128i today as local dealer doesn't have a 135i yet. Salesman was saying 47K for the 135i and I had a good chuckle. Nice car seriously over priced.
                Wow. that's more than M Coupe money!

Comment

Their one M3 was 72K and yes they are charging extra. Agreed I would buy a Z4 M Coupe.
                  Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                    that probably is the price the way the dealer orders it, with literally every option.
                    you can price your own at bmwusa.com. With a base around 35K, I was able to add three to four minor options and keep it to 38K. (sport package, Of course I'll eventually have to find a dealer willing to order it that way for me.... I'm highly considering Euro delivery, and waiting for second model year.... :heart:
                    Mark Williams
                    Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
                      that probably is the price the way the dealer orders it, with literally every option.
                      you can price your own at bmwusa.com. With a base around 35K, I was able to add three to four minor options and keep it to 38K. (sport package, Of course I'll eventually have to find a dealer willing to order it that way for me.... I'm highly considering Euro delivery, and waiting for second model year.... :heart:
                      Euro delivery has been shown to be "cheaper" when ordering a 135i. (Sans associated costs for the trip)

I've spec'd my desired 135i on BMW USA and it came to $47k... so it's easy to get there.

On a side note, BMW USA's website is "buggy" as chit right now!
                      -C
                      Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Originally posted by S14addict View Post
                        WTF?!

have some respect for the machinery, the employee, and the people around on the roads.

jackass move :rolleyes:
                        jackass move?
                        you don't even know me so go f*ck yourself.

the salesman was a friend and fellow E30 owner

the machinery...you must be joking...the car had just come back from being thrashed by multiple salespeople.

know the play before you open your mouth.
                        1989 E30 M3

Comment

We will be having our Tech Session with Brecht BMW and our BMW CCA for the drive and open session next week. A driving circuit, food and reps available for our folks for the 1 Series intro......boy, I love this club. I can drive this 1 to the max. The heck with machinery...it is built to be driven....Hard! And Brecht knows it will be driven...."what me worry?":lostme:
                          Lawrence

BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
                          '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
                          '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
                          '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
                          '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
                          '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
                          '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

Comment

jackass move?

the machinery...you must be joking...the car had just come back from being thrashed by multiple salespeople.

lastchild.... you clearly mis-represented the conditions of the test drive ... so don't get so full of yourself. :barf:

and just because the car was allegedly " previously thrashed" really doesn't justify your doing so. :udone:
                            Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 03-21-2008, 05:36 AM.
                            Mark Williams
                            Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

jackass move?

Originally posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
                              lastchild.... you clearly mis-represented the conditions of the test drive ... so don't get so full of yourself. :barf:

and just because the car was allegedly " previously thrashed" really doesn't justify your doing so. :udone:
                              Guys, no need to go at it. Everyone has an opinion and are more than welcome to them. Let's not make this thread into another ego thread that we can find on every other forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X