This is S14.net...........RIGHT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is S14.net...........RIGHT?

so why are all these "swap cars" allowed to post pictures of their used to be S14 powered car?

i know, the s50 (e-33 m3 - half&half) and whatever else is great.......but the fact is.....it's not an s14!!!

anyone else feel me????? :music:

No offense non-s14 peoples.
    JAMES
    sigpic

I remember when I joined this site 5 years ago that the mere mention of doing a swap was basically forbidden. Personally, I liked it that way as I guess you could label me a 'purist' and this was one site that I could talk about the E30 M3 with an S14 motor and not have to deal with all the swap talk.

Oh well, I really don't want to go into it any further and ruffle any feathers, but suffice it to say that although I don't own the site and don't have any say-so in it, I would like the direction to follow what it is named after.
    Eric Giles
    '07 X5 4.8i
    '01 325i
    sigpic

Comment

I personally would never swap my S14 out but I don't feel that people that did should in any way feel that it was the wrong thing to do and be banned from posting pics, after all true purists might say that swapping your seats we recarros or changing the stock wheels isn't right either.

Are you saying that if I drop the S14 into a Chevy Nova I could post pics of my it?

We're just a bunch of people with a common hobby that's all

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

Originally posted by PostmasterNY View Post
        so why are all these "swap cars" allowed to post pictures of their used to be S14 powered car?
        ignorance is a bliss

anyway, my guess is that when the site was created, there were virtually no swapped cars around, it was very expensive and almost unheard of. Maybe the e30m3 name was taken or the creator wanted to use s14.net instead, whatever, but as the technology moves on, so do other things in life. Nothing wrong with keeping the s14 if you enjoy it but sitting in the closet without knowing what's out there (talking reasonable - BMW motors in BMW cars) - reminds me of the great China wall. They thought there were the smartest, greates and most advanced, so they built the wall around them...we all know what happened next

my :2c:

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
          ignorance is a bliss

- reminds me of the great China wall. They thought there were the smartest, greates and most advanced, so they built the wall around them...we all know what happened next

my :2c:

Our very own Vlad....explorer....visionary....pioneer.....miss-user of the word bliss.....:p:
          Last edited by Ironhead; 04-12-2008, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Swaps are like crutches for people who need massive torque to cover up their shitty driving.

S14, who needs torque anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by OnrailsM3 View Post
              Swaps are like crutches for people who need massive torque to cover up their shitty driving.
              Word.

Comment

Damn.

That sounds a lot like me.....

Does anyone have Azevedo's number?

Comment

Wow, I may have a shirt made with that saying on it haha.

Momentum, its all about the momentum.

jimmy
                  jimmy p.
                  87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                  88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                  88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                  92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                  98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                  04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

I'm a purist too as far as the m3 goes. IF you want a swap that's fine with me, just keep it in a more run of the mill non-M e30. For those that say you have to have the power of a swapped car...I beg you to drive a well built and tuned s14. My s14 works quite well and adds to the experience of the m3, I love it probably just as much as the rest of the car itself

Comment

Granted, I'm new to the site, but I've never seen such a large group of adults get their feathers ruffled so easily.

As an S14 newbie, it's great to be able to see both sides of the coin, and frankly, I'm very happy that there's S14, S50, and S52 enthusiasts here.

Besides, why not simply ignore the post if it bother you?

Comment

Originally posted by m3 bavaria View Post

Besides, why not simply ignore the post if it bother you?
                        Because threads are created for discussion. Without comments, then we would not have a forum. Let the clash continue.:duality:

Comment

Hey we need these swap dudes for easy targets. If they weren't here who would we make fun of? LOL

All the swap or non swap (me) enthusiasts make this board so let er ride!
                          1988 Diamantschwarz

"The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about or choose to ignore."

Comment

Its cheaper than building an S14.
                            Sorry, but its the truth.
                            It also provides xtra parts left over from the swap.
                            Looking for a nice S14 long block from a swap here in socal.
                            Just a matter of time and I will have a spare. :jakeroutine:

Comment

Originally posted by NSXM3 View Post
                              Its cheaper than building an S14.
                              Sorry, but its the truth.
                              It also provides xtra parts left over from the swap.
                              Looking for a nice S14 long block from a swap here in socal.
                              Just a matter of time and I will have a spare. :jakeroutine:
                              It sure is tempting. I've never found a car guy that will tell you more power's a bad thing...

Comment

Working...
                              X