E30 M3's are NOT expensive to maintain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 M3's are NOT expensive to maintain

I just got back from the Audi dealership and got a quote on new brake pads and rotors for the RS6 as they are quite low. Well, the quote was $2,950... :ghost::beef::chaired::fire:
    HAHAHAHA, all I could do was laugh and then cry.

On a good note, I took out my friends 05 cl65 last night. Between a luxury sedan and coupe, we had 1,050hp+ between us :evilnah:

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
    97 Porsche Carrera S
    13 Audi S6
    SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
    GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Audi is a great car to own while under warranty. After that it's a time bomb.

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

Originally posted by noro View Post
      I have warranty until 2011, just not the factory free service...

I think you can say that for most new german luxury cars these days. I only plan on keeping the car 2-3 years for fun, so its all good! However, 3k may set back plans for the M3 a tiny bit!

97 Porsche Carrera S
      13 Audi S6
      SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
      GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

so is it that expensive if you did the work yourself? I can't imagine the parts being that much

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

so is it that expensive if you did the work yourself? I can't imagine the parts being that much
          Yea, I'm looking into it... But after research, front rotors are $400-$450 each! I also found out it is same rotor that is on the Gallardo :argh:

97 Porsche Carrera S
          13 Audi S6
          SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
          GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

If you own a VAG car...you better do all of your own work or you'll be poor in no time.

Comment

Actually, on the E30M3 the only parts that are truly outrageous are the ones that have to do with the engine. Or Sport Evo upgrade parts.

The rest of them, sometimes I am actually surprised how reasonable they are.

Comment

I've had several Audi's - no time bombs here :fyeah:

However, none of them started with "R" :rolling:
                '88 M3 2.3 Henna (Sold)
                '00 A4 2.8 Avant
                '06 Evo 2.0 IX RS

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
                  Actually, on the E30M3 the only parts that are truly outrageous are the ones that have to do with the engine. Or Sport Evo upgrade parts.

The rest of them, sometimes I am actually surprised how reasonable they are.
                  The "BMW" brand name tax is what kills me. Parts to refresh the shifter on my E34 (the little bushings, sponge, etc) cost me $90. E30 M3 sidemarkers are $60 each... that's kinda silly.

But you're right --- those prices are a pittance compared to a couple hundred bucks for a plastic timing chain guide.......
                  -AJ

-'88 Henna Red-

Comment

Have any of you owned an airplane? Puts it in a whole new perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post

I am fascinated by the guys with who own WWII airplanes, Corsairs, Spitfires, P-51s...whatever....

What do you think parts cost for a Rolls Royce Merlin?

Comment

I can't imagine what an airplane would be!! :surprised:surprised:surprised

I drove 500 miles today from seattle to hood river oregon to do some whitewater rafting. It was totally awesome and a complete blast :healthyjake: It made me realize you do get what you pay for... to some extent :drive: The beast eats miles like nothing!

97 Porsche Carrera S
                        13 Audi S6
                        SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
                        GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

I haven't owned one but I know that you can't own one unless you have some money because they are obviously not cheap to run and maintain. Now that fuel prices have increased....they have become even more ridiculously expensive. I have a few guys at work that I know who own planes and they haven't flown as much this year.

Airplane vs. car is sorta apples and oranges on many fronts though. :mat:

Comment

I own a Cessna 172 and yes, It is a whole other budget bracket. 100LL isn't getting cheaper either.

Comment

Originally posted by DashEight View Post
                              I own a Cessna 172 and yes, It is a whole other budget bracket. 100LL isn't getting cheaper either.
                              I'm guessing preventative maintenance has a whole different meaning when it means you can fall out of the sky rather than pulling off onto the shoulder!

97 Porsche Carrera S
                              13 Audi S6
                              SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
                              GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

Working...
                              X