shipping from Germany question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shipping from Germany question

So Im trying to get this rear bumper for my M5 on German ebay and the seller wont ship to the US:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150259063092

He tells me it's too much of a pain blah blah blah. Im willing to pay for the shipping and handling cost. Is it really such a pain to send something like this to the U.S.? I never bought anything on German ebay so I don't know. I found a few other ones on ebay and none are willing to ship here. That auction has been on there for days and nobody buys it and the guy rather leave on there then sell it to me right now cash in hand.... :lostme:
    So does anybody know whats the deal behind sending something like this over here?

Thanks guys!

CR.

1989 Evil_///M3
    1991 Evil_///M5

Try DHL have them pick up the item or ask him if he could drop it of at DHL and they will pack it for you
    91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
    88 M3 AW Track Car s54
    95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
    04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

ok so you mean have dhl pick up the item as is and have them wrap it? I didn't know that was possible. What I don't understand is if he sells it to somebody in Germany chances are he would have to ship to them so what's the difference to sending it to the US. What's the huge deal? it was not only him but a couple of other auctions that did not want part of shipping here. WTF?

1989 Evil_///M3
      1991 Evil_///M5

Comment

Originally posted by yourbimmer View Post
        Is it really such a pain to send something like this to the U.S.?
        Shipping by itself is indeed a PITA. As a few hours can be spent on sourcing enough cardboard, then make the proper packaging to ensure nothing will brake. But if the guy is willing to ship to a nearby country, it makes no difference shipping to the US. He could simply ask you to make all the steps and search for a shipper.

I just shipped four wheels to NY. It is not far. But the spent for sourcing proper Heavy Duty cardboard. Cut custom boxes out of flat cardboard, glue them, prep everythng and bring them to UPS, and I spent 3.5 hours.

Lee

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
        1989 M3 racecar
        e39 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by LeeVuong View Post
          Shipping by itself is indeed a PITA. As a few hours can be spent on sourcing enough cardboard, then make the proper packaging to ensure nothing will brake. But if the guy is willing to ship to a nearby country, it makes no difference shipping to the US. He could simply ask you to make all the steps and search for a shipper.

I just shipped four wheels to NY. It is not far. But the spent for sourcing proper Heavy Duty cardboard. Cut custom boxes out of flat cardboard, glue them, prep everythng and bring them to UPS, and I spent 3.5 hours.

Lee
          Oh for sure getting that ready for shipment in a total pain and I offered him additional compensation on top of the shipping cost. What is the big deal to ship it to the US? it can't be the act of actually getting a box and prepping the package.
          I wonder if I can get DHL to pick the bumper up and prep it and send it to me. That way the seller wont have to move a muscle.. we'll see.

CR

1989 Evil_///M3
          1991 Evil_///M5

Comment

My friend baught a spoiler on ebay few weeks ago from Scotland, The seller didn't want to ship, So went to the DHL website and aranged them to collect, But as the bumper is in Germany and your in the USA, that might be harder, If you contact DHL im sure they can help you out, But I don't think DHL will pack it?, They will just collect and deliver, So you might want the seller to pack it real good and just tell him im aranging my own courier
            Evo

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution View Post
              My friend baught a spoiler on ebay few weeks ago from Scotland, The seller didn't want to ship, So went to the DHL website and aranged them to collect, But as the bumper is in Germany and your in the USA, that might be harder, If you contact DHL im sure they can help you out, But I don't think DHL will pack it?, They will just collect and deliver, So you might want the seller to pack it real good and just tell him im aranging my own courier
              Yep thanks. I'm going to email the guy to see if I arrange all the shipping he would sell me the bumper. Hopefully he will.....

CR

1989 Evil_///M3
              1991 Evil_///M5

Comment

shipping

E-mail [email protected]
                He has agents/offices in Germany and ships to North America all the time. At the least he will be able to let you know how to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by tor e30 View Post
                  E-mail [email protected]
                  He has agents/offices in Germany and ships to North America all the time. At the least he will be able to let you know how to get it done.

Hey thanks for the info. I'll email him to see if he can help me out. I emailed the seller again to see if he is up to doing it like this. With todays economy I manage to find people who are turning down money, I don't get it

1989 Evil_///M3
                  1991 Evil_///M5

Comment

Working...
                  X