Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its been 6 months, time for a new daily driver for me! This one might be a keeper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its been 6 months, time for a new daily driver for me! This one might be a keeper!

Anyone who knows me know's i go thru cars pretty often, except of course my M3, that one will be around for ever! Well last friday a kid ran a stop sign causing me to t-bone him, totaling out my Audi A4. I only had my A4 for 6 months, and I really liked it! I was possibly going to keep it for a while, it was quattro, 1.8t 5-spd Avant, see the pics below. Well I bought my new replacement car off Ebay. This was the first time I've ever bought a "not parts" car off ebay. And it was 6 hours away in VA. I was nervous, but the car was in better shape that advertised and it made the 400+ mile trip home with no problem and 30 mpg!! Me, my wife and my son drove down to pic it up, we made a mini-vacation out of it, spending the night in Baltimore and going to the aquarium. Its a 1999 BMW 528it with the sport package and a manual trans!! It also has navi and is super clean with only 100k on it, well, I'll let the pictures show the rest, here's a link to the ebay ad with tons more pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220305091561

Last edited by JeffNJM3; 11-09-2008, 03:32 PM.
    REGISTER YOU M CAR IN THE M REGISTRY TO HELP TRACK ALL THE REMAINING E30 M3s
    http://www.bmwmregistry.com/registry.php

Well, well, well......welcome to the E39 world, the last of the best 5 series and the perfect machine........5 series manual are very hard to find. Most of them are slush boxes...as Mike Miller likes to say. You can now join the E39 Roadfly. See you there on the same screen name. Never changed my screen name anyways......
    Last edited by Das Boots; 11-09-2008, 03:59 PM.
    Lawrence

BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
    '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
    '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
    '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
    '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
    '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

Comment

Only $7300? sounds like a good buy for a wagon with sports package and seats. I've had my 528i sport 5 speed for about a year now and love it. Just don't use the cupholders and use the windows/sunroof sparingly as the regulators are cheap and love to go out.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
      85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
      91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Nice buy. I was looking at that one also. Hard to find a 5 spd wagon.

Enjoy
        Ryan M
        88 E30 M3 Alpineweiss
        07 F350 Diesel Crew Cab
        05 Outback XT

Comment

E39s look terriffic.. nice car.
          Mark Williams
          Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

Jeff,

Looks great! I cann't wait to see it in person. :nice!:

BTW, do you think that aftermarket lower front spoiler from the Audi will transfer over to the E39? :toofunny: :nope:
            1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
            1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
            1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Nice! Looks like your son is already enjoying it. Now you got another set of rims to swap with your M3.

Comment

Nice!,

Every time I see that car I think of the TV add when the guy wants to take the dog for a ride in that car and the dogs runs away kind of spooked and then comes back with a helmet on.

When you have a chance rub some toothpaste on those headlights and wipe it with microfiber towel... they'll look like new again.

- Tire is the other control arm bushing.

zhpregistry.net

Comment

nice pickup.. welcome to the e39 world
                  '91 SpecE30 #523
                  '03 540i/6 M-Sport
                  '00 F-350 Dually
                  BMWCCA #360858 NASA #128290
                  My Track Schedule

Comment

Thanks guys! James, I'll get the rivet gun out and see if it fits!!!!

Comment

Wow, that looks like a smoking deal.
                      Dan

88 M3
                      Black on Black

San Diego, CA
                      USA

Comment

Nice ride, ask your son how the door panels taste.

Never to young to be addicted to Armor All.

Comment

Nice snag. Would like one some day but think I couldn't deal with the extra size.
                          Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Tourings are the best dailys!

1991 M3 - SOLD | 1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

Thanks guys! Yeah, the price was a big deciding factor it getting the car, plus it wasn't local, it was in VA and I'm in NJ. Door panels taste great, I took a taste myself Typical dealer car, its got more shine-up stuff on it, I'm finally not sliding around the seats any more! Greg, its a big car for me too, you'd be surprised how dealable the size it, plus it averaged over 30 MPG on the trip home! That was a huge surprise to me.

I agree tourings are the best daily driver, this is my 5th wagon
                              1. 2002 Jetta wagon 1.8t 5-spd
                              2. 2005 Subaru Legacy GT wagon, 2.5t 5-spd
                              3. 1995 BMW 525it auto :(
                              4. 2001 Audi a4 avant 1.8t 5-spd RIP
                              5. 1999 BMW 528it 5spd

I loved every one of them, I consider them pickup trucks, I'ved everyone of them with 2x4's, contruction materials, wheels, car parts, branches, leaves, etc you name it! The problem is this e39 is so nice, I need to come up with some type of cover to keep it from getting messed up in the back!

Comment

Working...
                              X