Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '10 rolex24

s14.net,

i was at d.i.s. yesterday, picking up my 2010 rolex24 passes. last year, and every year, there is a great representation of e30m3s. unorganized though. the best was grassroots motorsports display. each year, the e30m3s are the most sought after in the infield. this year, you can even take your e30m3 on the track. would love to see s14.netters give a consolidated effort to blow the lid on this party and really rip together an organized showing. the race itself speaks for itself. pit passes are easily had and there will be at least 5 m3s in the event that i know of. it is amazing how many e30m3 parts are still used by factory teams today. the m3s today are nothing close to the e30m3, and the race results will show it. but, nonetheless, it is an amazing event for those with a passion for racing. each year i drive 46 hours from nw montana and i never regret it. it is awesome. you will love it. hope to see you at the 2010 rolex24. it is january 30-31.
    the winningest racecar ever.

okay, so i am down here in daytona watching practice for the r24. sitting way up in the supertower. my eyes leave the prototype cars on the track as i see an e30m3 rolling through the infield. i think they're heading for the tunnel under turn 4. sure enough, i make my break for it and rip down 3 flights of stairs, down the front-stretch, through daytona usa, run across 4 lanes of traffic, to see it emerge from the tunnel turning onto 92. redlight. so, i make it, tap on the window, out of breath. owner, rolls the window and we chat. he says he's been to s14.net a few times. syas he owns an alpina. but, loves his cinnabar e30m3 and i exclaim, "don't ever sell this car." he replies, "no, no, i never, ever would sell this car." it was sitting hotly, nice rims, mint condition, lowered nicely. and me, i forgot to snap a phone picture. sorry. anyway, s14ers... you have no idea how hot the e30m3 looks prowling through the pits among exotics. it stole the show. hot. hot. hot.

Comment

Lol, i would have done the same thing.

...except take a nice picture.:gotcha:

Got to love the "little" exotic.

My M3 Blog Updated Regularly!
      E30 M3 Wiki
      My Youtube Channel
      E30 M3: 14 Days to Victory Page

Comment

Rolex 24

evans61 I was the one at the red light at D.I.S. on 1/8 . Great to chat with you , I will be at D.I.S. 1/28-1/31 for all of the events. I will look to see you there. Oh, and I will be easy to spot with either my car or my 3 year old grand daughter.

Comment

I take it there will be a few E30 M3 owners at Daytona end of Jan? I have a big group going from my local FloridaGerman.com forum and if more from here will be there, I will drive my M.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hag300 View Post
            evans61 I was the one at the red light at D.I.S. on 1/8 . Great to chat with you , I will be at D.I.S. 1/28-1/31 for all of the events. I will look to see you there. Oh, and I will be easy to spot with either my car or my 3 year old grand daughter.
            awesome. i will be rollin' in wednesday and departing sunday after the last header cools off. your car is perfect. i will have my family with me. so, looks like the odyssey touring. although, i have slept in my racing seats before, haha. either that, or have my wife drive one of 'em, which i still may do. depends on the weather. last year, grassroots motorsports had a nice fenced in area and had their own e30m3 there. blackforest, brian nott, will be there racing. they did my engine. they are in deland. they have a dtm e30m3 that from time to time consider selling. i have been after it for years. no gots... yet. they took me out in it (their shop connects to airport runway). wowee. anyway, thanks for getting back to me. again, your car is hot, hot, hot.

Comment

Originally posted by M3DTMPWR View Post
              I take it there will be a few E30 M3 owners at Daytona end of Jan? I have a big group going from my local FloridaGerman.com forum and if more from here will be there, I will drive my M.
              awesome. i'll look for you. btw, nice site you have.

Comment

Originally posted by evans61 View Post
                awesome. i'll look for you. btw, nice site you have.
                Thanks, the site started small and grew tremendously. So will there actually be any of your guys E30 M3's there? If so we should park together on the infield, I will be coming in early sat morning around 3 or 4 am. Maybe if you guys bring yours save a spot!
                sigpic

Comment

i'll be there, but not w/ my m3

i'll be the one holding the jack for RRT Racing #21 during the Continental Tire race
                  James
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jht3 View Post
                    i'll be there, but not w/ my m3

i'll be the one holding the jack for RRT Racing #21 during the Continental Tire race
                    was your car just at practice on friday? i saw a white #21 on the track. if so, i loved how you smoked will turner in that limousine. although on the straights, looks like the bmw limo had some speed.

Comment

s14ers,
                      so i get to the r24. i don't care about juan problem montoya or jimmie or danica, all i care about is making it to the harrell's miniatures tent to see if they have a dtm e30 m3 1:24 scale. wow, they do. i came back to buy it. it was gone. whoever got it has great taste. so, i talk to doug, the owner. he says of all the diecasts he sells, the e30m3 is hot, hot, hot... flying right off the shelves. gotta love it. so, i go into the pits. i listen, watch, talk. jimmie johnson goes out and stuffs the gainsco dp car right into the fence... on the slowest part of the course. nascar drivers never has fast time. in my 20 years of attending. the grand-am drivers are the most talented. talent in racing inversely proportional to income. income in racing inversely proportional to personality. but, man is it awesome to talk to the throw-backs. real racers. today, i spoke with scott pruett, max papis, joey hand, boris said... wowee, do they love the e30m3. boris said said (haha) that the e30m3 is the greatest racecar ever of any class and the most fun to drive. how's dat? oh, man i love it. i ran across some thread here on s14 where a poster was peeping about wondering if he would be shatisfied wid the power of the e30m3. i'm thinking, well i know 5 f1 drivers that have the e30m3 as daily drivers and it shatisfies them. man, one year, i told my wife, i am going to bring some equipment and post these most amazing drivers interviews where they bang the table for the e30m3. well, tomorrow i will be in 5 chairs on the roof of dp garage stall #1 (gainsco). i will be with the fam. easy to spot. stop by.

Comment

i was there today with my son i'll be there sat/sun .due to rain this wk end m3 will stay in garage. the trusty audi rs4.daytona grey.w/biker share the road lic plates.
                        see you guys there my #321-443-4310

Comment

Originally posted by toomanyms View Post
                          i was there today with my son i'll be there sat/sun .due to rain this wk end m3 will stay in garage. the trusty audi rs4.daytona grey.w/biker share the road lic plates.
                          see you guys there my #321-443-4310
                          awesome. i will call you sat am. i spoke with tim from grassroots motorsports and he was iffy on his e30m3 too.

Comment

okay, so i am in the pits and all i see is the e30m3 wing on the new m3. i mean since the new m3 has nothing race on it, they must take the e30m3 race and scavenger it off. so the m3s had a great showing. rumdum team won. fall line was real strong and nicely prepared. great people. spoke with sooooo many about the e30m3. on pit road, right before the race, right before and after the tv interview with randy pobst, randy, driving for vw, speaks glowing words for... the e30m3. i saw fellow poster with the german florida forum with his hot, hot, hot cinnabar. got pictures. will have my daughter post them on this link. weather today from 11ish to 4ish i am saying rain, so keep yours in today. i will be sitting under the covered seats right behind pit road at the pit road exit as close to the turn in as you can get. family of 5. my takeaway so far: boris said and randy pobst banging the table endorsement for the e30m3 as the best racecar ever. and... on my things to do list... it's more than just lowered. it must be lowered and tucked.

Comment

Doesn't look like the weather was all that great for the 24 Hrs this year...but great racing nonetheless! I'm ready for driving season now! [peace]

Comment

Working...
                              X