This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Trash Talk

Ummmmm, It was obvious that Lee was defending his choice of an old car, with an old motor, that absolutely kicks butt on the track. He gave his two cents just as the OP asked. What's up with the hate?

I think Lee has earned his respect on this forum as well as on the track. Plus, he has certainly gone beyond the norm in sharing his e30 M3 and 2002 knowledge with s14.net members He's also developed products from the ground up for our beloved machines!

The original question wasn't answered either - just bashing of both vehicles he inquired about, in two different posts, no less.

Oh, I vote for a minty tii with an s14. It'll have to have the A/N and a carbon airbox however, so people nearby know it's no oridinary 2002. Lee, that 2002 looks pretty sweet!
    1988 Diamond Black / track
    2006 4 Runner LTD V8 / DD
    2003 Tahoe Z71 trail / tugger / 225,000 miles (3 trannys, same original engine)
    1992 325ic S52, OBDI, M3 suspension (Finished!) Fast and Fun for the Mom
    2011 Superfly (Nirvana!)

sigpic

Originally posted by fast325it View Post
    Ummmmm, It was obvious that Lee was defending his choice of an old car, with an old motor, that absolutely kicks butt on the track. He gave his two cents just as the OP asked. What's up with the hate?

I think Lee has earned his respect on this forum as well as on the track. Plus, he has certainly gone beyond the norm in sharing his e30 M3 and 2002 knowledge with s14.net members He's also developed products from the ground up for our beloved machines!

The original question wasn't answered either - just bashing of both vehicles he inquired about, in two different posts, no less.

Oh, I vote for a minty tii with an s14. It'll have to have the A/N and a carbon airbox however, so people nearby know it's no oridinary 2002. Lee, that 2002 looks pretty sweet!

are you Lee's solicitor? Or his nanny? I think he can speak for himself.

And don't use the word HATE, will you? Because there is no HATE. Don't blow things out of proportion. It's called DIFFERENT OPINION.
    I just don't agree when apples and pears are compared and I reserve the right to voice my opinion. Like it or not. I am sure Lee will agree with this because he plays by the same rules. Just voicing his opinion I mean.

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

Why are some S14 members so constipated these days? Come on guys. Lighten up a bit... :drive:

I own both and clearly answered the question. With standard weights. So what's the problem? My only mistake was reading 2002Ti (2000lbs - carburated - 1970/71) as I should have read 2002Tii (2150lbs - injected - 1972/74).

http://www.s14.net/forums/showpost.p...45&postcount=3

As far as showing off my own 2002, it was to address Uwe's comment about the 2002 having weak brakes if using an S14. And he is right. Solid 256mm discs and 4 pots 5-serie calipers, and rear drums won't make it. Then for being accused of showing off some of the products that I designed and sell, it should be noted that I make only 10 front kits per year and when they are sold, you better wait another year. So here goes the mercantile criticism.

2002 owners are as passionate about their car that M3 owners are.
      Last edited by LeeVuong; 05-19-2011, 07:25 AM.

massivebrakes@gmail.com

1969 2002 racecar
      1989 M3 racecar
      e39 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by LeeVuong View Post
        Why are some S14 members so constipated these days?

Quite honestly Lee...you are more full of shit than anybody on the entire forum so it's kind of funny that you think "others" are the ones who suffer from constipation. Aside from that....nice 2002. :fishin:

Comment

Ah, ah. ah. I was making cercles around Porsche turbos at LCMT with my "antique" on a barely souped up 140hp M10. [peace]

This kind of thing is just nonsense. It is the kind of naive babble you hear from excited first time track-day participants.

If your 2002 could even stay close enough to see the rear of a "Porsche Turbo", it was because the Porsche driver was rolling around at 5/10ths, through either incompetence or indifference. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
            The OP never mentioned which car would be more cost effective or reliable.

Fully built 2.5L s14, in a widebody 2002, with 15x10 Kodiaks and R-comps would own all on a race track! :winner:
            I thought that was the whole point of these swaps? Guess what? He also never said ANYTHING about a race track or racing.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
            89 M3 - SEPANG BRONZE/SCHWARZ
            91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Reelizmpro View Post
              Guess what? He also never said ANYTHING about a race track or racing.
              Exactly. OP never said anyting against it. He clearly wrote "which machine would perform better?"

So, please what exactly was your point?

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
              It is the kind of naive babble you hear from excited first time track-day participants.
              You are correct. Except that I have been instructing for 10years. And hold two race licences.

Originally posted by ///Mflossin View Post
              Quite honestly Lee...you are more full of shit than anybody on the entire forum.
              Please remind me what is your contribution to the M3 world.
              Keep on drinking prune juice. It might work.

massivebrakes@gmail.com

1969 2002 racecar
              1989 M3 racecar
              e39 Touring

Comment

Except that I have been instructing for 10years. And hold two race licences.

I am aware of that Lee, and in fact that was precisely my point. You should know better than to draw any meaning from such events.

Comment

Lee relax, I was just having fun with Chris. My point is not everyone wants a fast car to take to the track.

Comment

I knew this thread would turn into this when I first saw it so I was reluctant to give my opinion but what the hell, I'm always up for a good argument. The OP clearly states...OEM - bone stock. No massive brakes or goodies you might have on your car. Hmmm bone stock 2002Tii vs M3. Older classic vs much newer classic.

Comment

Guys, guys, guys,

This thread is taking a wrong turn......if you know what i mean.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. We can always agree to disagree. There is no need to always challenge what someone has to say to the point that it becomes an argument.

I've learned to respect other's opinions even if i disagree. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Please remind me what is your contribution to the M3 world.
                        Keep on drinking prune juice. It might work.
                        My contribution to the M3 world is to point out how obnoxious and narcissistic you are... you babbling fuck. I hold 10 licenses....blah, blah blah. Gimmie a brake.

I love me a large prune juice...it's just too bad your face wasn't closer so that I could shit down your throat.

Happy ///Motoring Levi!

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mflossin View Post
                          I love me a large prune juice...it's just too bad your face wasn't closer so that I could shit down your throat.
                          Prune juice works wonders for me. Just sayin.....

Comment

Evening comedy... U guys never cease to... ahhh forget it!

2002tii built M10 w/Garrett GTX3076 turbo and progressive 150 shot, never open the hood 15x10's on RA-1's and wave with a prune juice in hand.

Now back on topic....
                            Rich!

Comment

Random Trash Talk

Trash talk posts will be moved here.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                              X