Custom brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom brace

Sorry for the multiple threads, but I've got lots of issues. My car is a 2002 M2 conversion. Engine knocks against brake booster on hard left turns and in reverse. Id like to have a custom brace made to connect from the Right strut brace plate and engine cover. Any custom fabricators you know of out there? Thanks again for all the great help.
    Last edited by redphu72; 04-01-2012, 11:15 AM.

as per the answers you got from the 2002faq to the same question...fix your engine mounts and the problem will go away. brace not needed. or tilt the booster down. or raise the left engine mount up a tad like i tried on my car before i realized it was not needed. pics in my build thread on 2002faq.

i have stock 2002 engine mounts on my M2, with a CF airbox that has 1/8in clearance on the booster...no contact ever, and i track the car.
    Last edited by mlytle; 04-01-2012, 12:58 PM.
    88 M3 Henna
    95 M3 Orange
    97 M3 Techno

Comment

As this doesn't specifically relate to the S14 and/or E30 M3, it has been moved to off topic.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by mlytle View Post
        as per the answers you got from the 2002faq to the same question...fix your engine mounts and the problem will go away. brace not needed. or tilt the booster down. or raise the left engine mount up a tad like i tried on my car before i realized it was not needed. pics in my build thread on 2002faq.

i have stock 2002 engine mounts on my M2, with a CF airbox that has 1/8in clearance on the booster...no contact ever, and i track the car.
        No disrespect but last time I checked, this was a free forum where I can verify information from multiple sources. So what I got my answer on FAQ, my engine still knocks and I'd like a nice brace for it AND it not the engine mounts, they're new. The solutions suggested wouldn't fix my problem; furthermore, every M2 installation has its unique challenges. This has been an ongoing project and the previous two owners mentioned the problem along w/ my mech Jason Rose.
        Last edited by redphu72; 04-02-2012, 03:05 AM.

Comment

a brace will be pretty but won't fix the problem. so you have already tried lowering the booster, rotating the booster, angling the booster, raising the engine, limiting stock mount travel, using poly mounts, grinding clearance in the airbox, etc?

you never posted pics of where it is hitting.
          88 M3 Henna
          95 M3 Orange
          97 M3 Techno

Comment

cf airbox did you say. What it a pain as far as fitment?

Comment

Working...
            X