This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 1990 BMW M3 fully restored

I am helping my customer sell my previous car that we restored at my shop a while back. He is selling due to job move. He has been storing the car at my shop along with 2 other cars. Anyways car probably has 200-300 miles since it was restored. He is asking $28995. You may message me for any info but I will link the build thread and ebay listing on here. to make things easier for everyone. Thanks and please respect the ad as I will respect yours.

eBay listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...t_39622wt_1026

Build thread

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...red&highlight=

Last edited by SONNYQ; 07-12-2012, 06:20 PM.

you have PM.

Comment

bump!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SONNYQ View Post
        bump!!!
        I am probably missing something but why was this car sold at $23K asking price in your build thread and now is asking $5K more?

Comment

Originally posted by kubatron View Post
          I am probably missing something but why was this car sold at $23K asking price in your build thread and now is asking $5K more?
          he sold the car for 23k (or less because negotiations) the new owner wants 28.

Comment

Originally posted by kubatron View Post
            Irrelevant.

Comment

May be irrelevant to you but not to me. Perhaps there were some other extras being thrown in or something not mentioned that warranted a FIVE THOUSAND DOLLAR increase.

Comment

I sold the car to a good customer of mine who witnessed the whole restoration. I was moving my shop at the time and needed money, so I sold it for less than what I wanted. Hope that answers your question. The new owner has since put new M3 door sills and few other things here and there. He is asking 28995 OBO. So he is flexible on the price.

Comment

BUMP!!! Its still for sale.

Comment

GLWS. What I do not get is why people are obsessive over people making a few bucks on a car or what is was last sold for.

Auto Enthusiasts buys low mileage cars for lets say 22K because the seller is tired of tire kickers and wants to unload it. EA then marks it up to 32K because they can and have every right to do so. Although some complain about their practices it obviously hasn't affected their sales and they continue to do so without any negative impact on their sales model.

SONNYQ wanted money for his business at the time so the buyer got a good deal on a car that normally might have sold for more. Just because the buyer caught SONNYQ at a moment in time and obtained a better deal than normal doesn't mean that the new owner doesn't have the right to sell it for more than what they paid for it even if it is a day later.

I don't know the whole history and I don't really don't care as to why SONNYQ sold his car for the price he did at the time. All any seller can do is ask and all any buyer can do is ask or both walk away. Flipping cars or any thing is not illegal or unethical. With the internet at the fingertips of almost anyone and with forums like this that exists to help out people new to the S14/E30 cars or for veterans to share their knowledge being unaware is not an excuse.

I drive a hard bargain on cars so does that mean I should give up my bargain and pass that on to someone that didn't negotiate as well as I did?

Once again GLWS - sorry about the extras in the post SONNYQ...

Comment

Buyers want the lowest price. Sellers want highest. When it is blatant and documented that such a gap exists vs hearsay and innuendo over at EA, i felt right to ask in case something wasnt added to the car or for a reason why theres an 18% difference.
                      So althoh in general i DO agree, its a public board and i pointed it out.
                      sorry typing on ipad sucks.

Originally posted by ALINE_M5 View Post
                      GLWS. What I do not get is why people are obsessive over people making a few bucks on a car or what is was last sold for.

Auto Enthusiasts buys low mileage cars for lets say 22K because the seller is tired of tire kickers and wants to unload it. EA then marks it up to 32K because they can and have every right to do so. Although some complain about their practices it obviously hasn't affected their sales and they continue to do so without any negative impact on their sales model.

SONNYQ wanted money for his business at the time so the buyer got a good deal on a car that normally might have sold for more. Just because the buyer caught SONNYQ at a moment in time and obtained a better deal than normal doesn't mean that the new owner doesn't have the right to sell it for more than what they paid for it even if it is a day later.

I don't know the whole history and I don't really don't care as to why SONNYQ sold his car for the price he did at the time. All any seller can do is ask and all any buyer can do is ask or both walk away. Flipping cars or any thing is not illegal or unethical. With the internet at the fingertips of almost anyone and with forums like this that exists to help out people new to the S14/E30 cars or for veterans to share their knowledge being unaware is not an excuse.

I drive a hard bargain on cars so does that mean I should give up my bargain and pass that on to someone that didn't negotiate as well as I did?

Once again GLWS - sorry about the extras in the post SONNYQ...

Comment

back on the market!! Its FOR Sale if anyone is interested.

Comment

Great M3. What's new asking price considering appreciation windfall during the past 2 years?
                          Last edited by 168glhs1986; 04-21-2014, 10:37 AM.

E30 M3: Stripey: AW track car 88'
                          E30 M3: AW NC: 2.3 with Pete McHenry head 88’
                          E30 M3: AW NH: 2.5 VSR1 Built 88’
                          E36 M3 PTG built LTW: Euro S50B30, 365 HP 95’
                          E36 3/4/5 AW Daily
                          Dodge GLHT 1985....Fast
                          D90: Land Rover Defender, AW 33k miles 97’
                          2002: Arctic Silver, Blue, restored stock 76’
                          944: SP1 Rothman Clone, 135 hp, 83’
                          Jeep Trackhawk, absurdity defined 18’
                          BMW M2C AW, 6 speed

Comment

Prices have been sky rocketing on these car due to the demand. I have seen regular kind of beat up E30's going for $20's. I would like 32k since the car is full restored. I sold to my friend/customer for a super low price because I was in need of cash but I dont have that problem anymore. So I am not in NO rush to sell this and will not entertain any low ball offers.

The car has all original panels. Never been in any accidents. Its fully re done so respect my price..

Comment

Nice car! Glws to my fellow chicagoan e30 m3er!
                              Lael
                              '88 Lachssilber ///M3
                              '89 Zinnoberrot 325i
                              '99 Orientblau 528iT
                              BMW CCA: 479354

Comment

Working...
                              X