anyone have regular E30 and M3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have regular E30 and M3?

Does anyone have a regular E30 and an M3?

I want to get a regular E30. I am pretty set on the 91 318is.

Any reviews on how the regular E30 feels compared to the M3.

I prefer the 325 vs the 318 and please make sure it is a 5 speed.....
    sigpic

Comment

Both are fun and for DD duties they are not bad but I'd prefer a 325i over a 318i. 318i and 318is are not common so the search for one will most likely take a bit longer.
      Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

The E30 318/325IS are getting harder to find in good condition. A late model 318IS is bringing a premium now, I think partially due to the price of gas. A few years ago the were cheaper than the 325IS so enthusiasts were buying them to use for motor swaps. The feeling is different but they are a lot of fun to drive. Either late model car would be a great daily driver or nice restoration project.

Cheers,

Jim
        Livin the Dream

Comment

I have a 92 mtech II appearance pack cabby and my m3. It's a greeeeeaaaaat cruiser

Comment

Loved the lazyness of the 325 engine, real chalk and cheese compared to the S14.

Comment

Had a 318is twin cam and was really impressed with it , only thing the timing chain was a single row effort and prone to wear and the "profile" gasket at the front of the engine tends to decompose in the water/antifreeze mix. But they love to rev. I would say its the best one down from ours unless you like the sound of a six.

Comment

Definitely go for the 318is. There is a reason it's called the poor man's M3!
                I've owned an '89 325is, a '91 318is, and still have an '88 M3. The 318is is closest in character as the 325is feels fat in comparison.
                Unless you "have" to have the sound of a six, the 325 is not even close to the feel of the four cylinder cars.

Comment

I have had a 318is and two iXs. 318is is the way to go for fun, 325is is the best e30 for daily driving hands down.

Comment

325i or is (no eta, you will regret it) with manual trans, of course Spend an additional $1,200 on aftermarket springs, dampers, sways and camber plates... you will have an excellent alternate to the M3.
                    John 3:17

Comment

Yeah, I daily a 1991 318is. I really like the car, and it would take more money than it is worth to pry it from my hands! I put a M3 4.10 LSD in the rear and with a set of snow tires it tackles the Colorado winters just fine while the M3 sleeps in the garage.

Comment

Another M42 fan here also. We have both a 91 318i(4dr) and 318is. One has HR sports, the other has my old 88M3 springs. Both have COP kits. One has a modified ltw M20 flywheel and clutch kit. Both have MarkD chips, and LSDs. Really fun to drive and sips gas for running around town. Our 318is is built like a mini M3.
                        Photos

Comment

E30 325iS on Bilstein Sports and E30 M3 Factory springs.
                          It is lighter than the M3 and feels sportier and gives pretty much the same driving feel all the time.
                          It does not have the the aggressive alter ego of the M3 that comes out of lurk mode when you push the car hard.
                          m

Comment

318is is best for daily use

Comment

There is a 318is for sale on BMWCCA.....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X