No announcement yet.

M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to make more sense (as much as can be made of this) for the M4 to be the sedan and the M3 to be the coupe, no?
    Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
    1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
    2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
    http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dougy Fresh View Post
      BMW is just trying to keep up with the competition. Unfortunately that means doing away with the m3 tradition, not a good decision. For a company that claims to be leading innovation they sure are quick to jumble their lineup to match the offerings of Audi, Mercedes.

The 4 series is BMW's answer to Audi's A5 it is that simple. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that they are going to have both and m3 (sedan)/m4 (coupe) The m3 is the most iconic badge they have produced why mess with a legendary moniker?
      They absolutely squandered some of the best mind share and equity. Audi is probably laughing so hard right now.

The latest BMW 3 Series commercial that I saw speaks only about the communication or nav system or something. Nothing about power, suspension, control, speed, etc.
      John 3:17

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        It seems to make more sense (as much as can be made of this) for the M4 to be the sedan and the M3 to be the coupe, no?
        Yes that would make sense however BMW has introduced the 4series moniker to distinguish the coupe from the sedan. It was posted earlier 3 will now be for sedan wagon and ugly grand transexual I mean gt. 4 series will be the coupe/convertibles. So having the m3 coupe would go against this new lineup. So I believe it will be M4 coupe, M3 sedan.

With the slew of weird offerings x1, x6, i3, sedans called gran turismos BMW is clearly on a different direction. They are trying to market to every buyer rather than being the niche manufacturer that made so many great drivers cars.

Comment

Got a better Idea for those that buy one. Dental Floss....it cuts very quickly under the emblems and put in their place a proper M3 badge!

Signs the company is just trying to keep up with the Jones. Maybe time for a merger?
          Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Meh.
            Not impressed.
            sigpic

Comment

Also, how about the fact that it's pretty much as big as the previous generation M6?.... fail.

I laugh at people who buy A5's/S5's. Same exact car as the A/S4, $5k more. HA!

Comment

BMW makes the ugliest sport rims for it's M class, can't they just slap a nice set of BBS type wheels?

Audi and MB S, RS and AMG wheels are way much better!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BingM3 View Post
                  BMW makes the ugliest sport rims for it's M class, can't they just slap a nice set of BBS type wheels?

Audi and MB S, RS and AMG wheels are way much better!!!!
                  I concur last "good looking" set of wheels were the competition package wheels on the E46.

Comment

BMW also just announced the 4 series gran coupe, a 4 door... Logic in that company appears to have gone out the window

Comment

Jesus H. tap dancing Christ on a pogo stick.
                      Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
                      1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
                      2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
                      http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

Let's be honest. BMW peaked in '91

Comment

I still think they have an awesome lineup of performance cars, the current m cars excluding the x6m, are very capable although a bit chunky. They have not had this strong of a lineup in a very long time, perhaps since the glory days of the first m cars.

Comment

Working...
                          X