Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BTCC Race of Champions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BTCC Race of Champions

    Did anyone go and see the final round today at Donington with the Race of Champions at the end? Talk about the who's who of touring car drivers!

    To name a few John Cleland, Jonny Cecotto, Frank Biela, Jason Plato, Gabrellie Tarquinei, Frank Sytner, Paul Raddisish, Rob Gravett, Tim Harvey, Kelvin Burt,and all in the same race!
    I would have loved to have seen Smoking Jo Winkelhockand Soper there too. I have fond memories of them racing in the BTCC.

    The were all racing round in the same Seat Toledo Cupra's. It was like the last day at school with plenty of rubbing and trading of paint.
    And a fitting tribute to the great man Will Hoy who is not longer with us. His 1991 Championship winning E30 M3 was driven round by his son.
    I'm sure this showed the crowd what a real touring car should sound like. I only wish I could have been there instead of watching in on TV.

    "It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"

  • #2
    I have a great poster of Will coming around a turn at Donnington (I believe it was Donnington) off throttle with a big flame shooting out the exhaust.


    Us Yanks didn't even get to see it on TV.

    Comment


    • #3
      Damn , I missed that on TV :rolleyes: Wonder who owns wills old car now .
      This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

      Comment


      • #4
        Did Tim harvey punt anybody off?:home:
        Good thing Nige 5 wasn't a TC champ.
        m

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mmark
          Did Tim harvey punt anybody off?:home:
          Good thing Nige 5 wasn't a TC champ.
          m
          I think he did actually LOL

          Nigel Mansell was a great driver and the guy had a seriously big pair of balls!
          I think he was the first guy to be the F1 and Indy car champ at the same time.
          "It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"

          Comment


          • #6
            that sounds fu great "clash of the titans"

            when was\ this event??

            anyone made any vids??

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Steve88M3
              I have a great poster of Will coming around a turn at Donnington (I believe it was Donnington) off throttle with a big flame shooting out the exhaust.


              Us Yanks didn't even get to see it on TV.
              that pic is from June 91 @ Brands Hatch, Will Hoy is passing Tim Sagden (both in e30 M3s), awesome photograph!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Gsan
                that sounds fu great "clash of the titans"

                when was\ this event??

                anyone made any vids??
                I have the BTCC Masters on SKY+, recorded it on Sunday. I think I can create a wma from it but I don't have anywhere to host it.:sosad:

                If somebody can host it I'll try and convert it and then email/upload it.

                BTW Tim Harvey lost the Porsche Cup at Redgate while trying to take the lead and then in the Masters just so happened to end up in the gravel trap, at the same corner, with Johnny Cecotto.

                We were on track at Donington yesterday (Monday) , mixed weather which made it all the more interesting.
                Kevin
                Cecotto/Ravaglia Register.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kevin
                  I have the BTCC Masters on SKY+, recorded it on Sunday. I think I can create a wma from it but I don't have anywhere to host it.:sosad:

                  If somebody can host it I'll try and convert it and then email/upload it.

                  BTW Tim Harvey lost the Porsche Cup at Redgate while trying to take the lead and then in the Masters just so happened to end up in the gravel trap, at the same corner, with Johnny Cecotto.

                  We were on track at Donington yesterday (Monday) , mixed weather which made it all the more interesting.
                  I can host it... email me.

                  /// M3NTAL Kev

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by M3NTAL Kev
                    I can host it... email me.
                    Cheers, once I have something I'll send it to you....
                    Kevin
                    Cecotto/Ravaglia Register.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Its on the TV on speed sunday ITV this coming weekend ,Race of champions, 20 lap race.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Copy

                        Originally posted by ROBM3
                        Yes cant wait to view it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Copy

                          Originally posted by ROBM3
                          Yes cant wait to view it.
                          Safe it on Tape and send me a Copy of it Rob, please !!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Re: Copy

                            Originally posted by ROBM3
                            RUDI, I cant because i dont have a tape recorder... :sosad:
                            Take it on a DVD,please !!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have successfully transferred the mpeg to M3ntal Kev. Hopefully it will test out ok and be hosted soon.
                              Kevin
                              Cecotto/Ravaglia Register.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X