Links to threads don't work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links to threads don't work?

When I click on a link someone has placed to another thread, I am re-directed to the main forum page every time. I have not seen anyone else bring this up, maybe it's me? Every single link I ever click on does this, but only on S14.net.

I should add, links to outside sites work ok, like to youtube or whatnot. Links on this site to other threads on this site is my issue.

Comment

I have the same issue, it's not just you.
      1989 Lachs
      1988 Lachs - sold
      1988 DS - sold
      Car blog
      Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

I have some pages bookmarked as well for reference and have the same issue.

This happened after the migration to the new server. The pages are s14net.vbulletin.net... vs the old s14.net and the indexing looks to be a bit different. Not sure there is an easy fix.

Comment

It's you, us, everyone. I'm going to have this revised, but I need them to fix the original issues firstest. It's frustrating.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            It's you, us, everyone. I'm going to have this revised, but I need them to fix the original issues firstest. It's frustrating.
            Just within the last 2 days, I've now been able to search on google, and the links provided correctly link to threads here on S14.net.

Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Hmm links are still not working for me so far

Comment

Links don't work through the site... I've again notified Vbulletin of our continued issues, I'll let you know when I get a reply.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Hi Magnus,
                  Can you please have a look at this link and advise what went wrong with the photos in the text all have disappeared but still viewable in the large block at the bottom of the first post.
                  Dave.

http://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s1...ng-restoration

E30 M3 1987
                  Mini Clubman GT
                  BMW E36 323 Msport
                  Toyota Corona
                  KTM 200EXC
                  Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

This software makes no sense. IN the future, select the "A," then select the image icon. This way the photos fill the page. Cheers
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 1.01.54 AM.png
Views:	14
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1215027

TEST
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 1.06.46 AM.png
Views:	11
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	1215028

Comment

I found that if you replace the site name of an old link with the new vbulletin site name, the link will work.

"www.s14.net/forums" --> "s14net.vbulletin.net", then copy the rest of the link

For example,
                      Old link:
                      http://www.s14.net/forums/forum/s14/...e-exhaust-side
                      New link:
                      http://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s1...e-exhaust-side

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                      X