Posting pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting pics

I’ve posted pics before but you can only use 10mb and I’m maxed out. Question is how do I post pics now or how do I erase previous pics so I can post more in future posts?
    TIA

I don't know the answer on how to delete photos to free up storage space.

The better way to do it is to use a 3rd party image hosting service like Imgur, Flickr, or Google photos. You can display those images in your posts by clicking the smaller image button in the toolbar, it's next to the text formatting buttons.

Comment

I am having the same issue. I want to upload my photos to S14.net so they will always be there with the thread. Can you ping Magnus and see how we need to do it?

Comment

I tried twice already to no avail

Comment

Completely frustrated as you are. I can't upload more photos as I've reached my 10mb limit. I can't seem to delete any photos even though I've followed the directions in the HELP section (directions that are incorrect and incomplete by the way).

I am hesitant to criticize the site as I know it is a great resource but it does not seem to be very well supported (kind of reminds me of how BMW supports our cars). I would like to see s14.net go to an optional pay / donation model for those of us who want / need more storage space. 10mb is not enough.

This really needs to be addressed ASAP.

Edit: I was able to use Microsoft OneDrive to host pictures and embed them into my post. So going forward this is what I'll do. I also tried (with repeated failure) using Google drive to host the photos and embed them but was completely unsuccessful. Likely a flaw with Google, but it is irrelevant since I can use OneDrive.
          1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

Apologies. I still can't figure out how to erase the photos? I've given everyone 5 more megs of space while I figure it out.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

I have now hit my limit of 10 Mb and can no longer include pictures with my posts. Very frustrating!! Seems like an arbitrarily low limit in todays digital world.

If you added 5 meg to everyone why am I maxed at 10?
              1976 Luigi BMW CSL
              1991 Asahi Kiko E30 M3
              1970 Koepchen 2002
              1968 Hyde Park 2002TA
              1965 TiSA #193
              1960 700 Vintage Racer
              1965 1800Ti Vintage Racer
              1971 NSU 1200 TTS
              www.msportvintage.com

Comment

Originally posted by SteveWalker View Post
                I have now hit my limit of 10 Mb and can no longer include pictures with my posts. Very frustrating!! Seems like an arbitrarily low limit in todays digital world.

If you added 5 meg to everyone why am I maxed at 10?
                Due to our total bandwidth and the fact that we don't have ads, or sponsors (and the last time that I requested donations was 2014), our digital economy is not arbitrary.

It's already been revised to15mb, but it seems like there's some redundant settings that knock it back down to 10? I'll have to try and figure it out.
                Attached Files

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

I've made additional tweaks. Can you check to see if you have additional space? Thanks

Comment

I am certainly open to some sort of optional annual subscription to further enhance this great forum. I'd hate to see the forum become advertiser supported as it degrades the quality of the overall site experience (makes it slower and cluttered with ads).
                    1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                      I've made additional tweaks. Can you check to see if you have additional space? Thanks
                      Well I tried posting an image and I'm still getting the same limit message as before only this time it does say I have 15 meg. It's like you added the extra space but I didn't gain anything???

I'd be in favor of a subscription model if it makes this issue go away.

Thanks for trying!
                      1976 Luigi BMW CSL
                      1991 Asahi Kiko E30 M3
                      1970 Koepchen 2002
                      1968 Hyde Park 2002TA
                      1965 TiSA #193
                      1960 700 Vintage Racer
                      1965 1800Ti Vintage Racer
                      1971 NSU 1200 TTS
                      www.msportvintage.com

Comment

I will try and have this worked out soon. Your subscription suggestion is much appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X