No announcement yet.

________________EVO II owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Chris thats a new one for the list.

Up to 136 now.

So far 22% red, 46% blue and 31% odd silver.

Comment

Kevin - we have met, of course, but I have never posted here for the record.

#102, Misano Red, safely stashed in Cambridgeshire.

Comment

Thanks Matt,

I had 102 living in Belgium!

Comment

Number 048/500 in misano red owned it since 1991, bought it when it was less that 2 years old and will never ever sell it !! Currently I am starting a big restoration project to bring it to showroom condition. It is currently residing in Athens, Greece and it's engine has been upgraded back in 1993 to a healthy 250bhp by AC Schnitzer racing department in Freilesing, Germany. Only the engine upgrade to a 2.5 (a conversion then called S3 Sport 2.5) cost back then almost as much as a similar used car. It was well worth it though cause to this day there hasn't been a non-turbo M3 E30 that has beat me in a drag race.
          Back to my restoration project...anyone has a clue where can I find new original cloth (305 Silber) to reupholster my seats ?!?

Comment

Sounds very interesting, please give some more information with photos!

according to realoem the "0305 silver" repair material is part nr. 51921976461 for seat central part and 51921976359 for seat side parts:
            http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...38&hg=52&fg=60
            Our local BMW dealer web-catalogue shows the price of position 51921976359 ~ 180 eur (for i guess 1630 x 1000 mm of material) so theoretically that position still avaliable for ordering. Don't know about central part of seat covering though, because i can't see the price. You can check your local dealer..
            Last edited by wheelie; 11-26-2009, 05:18 AM.

Comment

i've also checked part nr. 52108103724 Cover backrest cloth
              http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...=52&fg=25&hl=4

and 52108103720 Seat cover cloth
              http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...90&hg=52&fg=25

and i also see the price, so theoretically it's also still avaliable, although realoem stands for "Ended", so strange...
              Last edited by wheelie; 11-26-2009, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Exactly why I am so confused...on various sites with authentic bmw parts there are different codes for the same part. The problem is that as you very well know the seats on the specific model were half leather (on the sides) and cloth (on the center) and there are obviously different part numbers for the back cover and the bottom one. If only I could find enough material in running meters I guess I could find a good professional to do the job and finding leather for the sides is much easier....although that will still leave the issue of the inside door panels which might be tricky to reupholster and I might still look for new original ones.

P.S. Bit of a newbee but how can I post fotos on this thread ?!?

Comment

Valevili,

Great to hear from you and i llok forward to hearing more about your car. First of all do you have any other info on the engine conversion? Like cam specs etc?

I'll add you to my register.

Heres a thread on another site where a few upholsterers are mentioned.

http://s14power.com/board/showthread...ighlight=cloth

There is a company in Netherlands that make evo2 cloth, can't remember the name of it, though i could find out if you are stuck.

The side panels would be nigh on impossible to do because of the plastic "weld". A chap i know who had his evo2 interior retrimmed left them alone and cleaned them up as best he could.

You need to host photos somewhere like www.photobucket.com and then provide the smg link I think its called.

Comment

I kind of imagined that the side panels would be impossible to do exactly as when they were original, unless I manage to locate them as new parts somewhere. Any help on this would be much appreciated.
                    Unfortunately I cannot open the link you sent me and the registration on that forum is currently blocked by the administrator !! If you could get some more information for me on the company you mentioned in Netherlands I would be grateful.
                    Back when I had the engine upgraded at Schnitzer I wasn't so into technical details. I will try and look in my files to see if I can find the receipts to post the details of the different parts that they installed. I am pretty sure though that I still have the original prospectus from Schnitzer which might contain some technical data. Otherwise I will contact them and see if they can provide me with more info.
                    I will try and post some photos soon...most of them are from back in the 1990's when I had two cars, the one I already mentioned and another one in black color, a 1987 early example which I have since sold on.

Comment

Photobucket

Comment

Photobucket

Comment

Valevili,

Here is the link to West Trading in Netherlands, cloth colour (in Dutch) GRIJS and pattern is PLATWEEFSEL MET SCHOTSE RUIT.

http://www.westtrading.nl/detail.asp?Id=513&language=UK

I think that is the right one but have not examined it precisely. This type of cloth was fitted to some later cars, I am not sure if it is exactly the same, but I am sure they could tell you if you gave them a small sample.

Comment

Address change: #488 now lives in the US, she couldn't take those Canadian winters any longer.

Comment

Thanks Sam,

Any pics? Did you have any trouble getting it into the States? I take it your car is European spec with 220 bhp (though your forum info says 200hp). Do you know of any other Evo2's in USA?

Or did it need to be federalized?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by m3nally View Post
                                Thanks Sam,

Any pics? Did you have any trouble getting it into the States? I take it your car is European spec with 220 bhp (though your forum info says 200hp). Do you know of any other Evo2's in USA?

Or did it need to be federalized?

Regards
                                It is 220 (England), typo. I don't know of any other Evo 2's in the States.

"Did I have any trouble getting it into the States?"
                                Nothing is easy when dealing with Big Government. Possible, but not simple or cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X