E30 M3 Evo II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 M3 Evo II

hey guys, ive been lurking around here for quit some time, i track e46 and e36 m3 for quite awhile now and have always thought that the e30 m3s are more pure and one of a kind. This week i have an opportunity to buy a well maintained e30 m3 evo II (no. 74?/500) and it has 15000 miles and has been well kept, and im planning to keep it like that for a long time.. the seller told me that it has an issue with the steering wheel and since it is outside the country i wont be able to come and check the car out . I have no first hand experience with the e30's and dont know what to check for before i buy the car im hoping someone from here would be able to shed some light. Thanks

Well, if it is genuine (get the chassis no and check), only done 15000 miles and is in good order...

BUY IT

Look for rust on the scuttle corners, around the rear arches and on the back panel, around the lights and number plate.

Steve
    Sport Evo No.47

My Sport Evo Restoration

Comment

how do i check if its genuine? how do i get the VIN no checked because the car has lived outside the country all its life.. the seller also sent bunch of pics and in one of them it shows the evo II badge on the middle-lower dashboard.
      are there any particular parts on the car that i should check, seller said all parts are original. TIA

Comment

Originally posted by MTROMINI View Post
        how do i check if its genuine? how do i get the VIN no checked because the car has lived outside the country all its life.. the seller also sent bunch of pics and in one of them it shows the evo II badge on the middle-lower dashboard.
        are there any particular parts on the car that i should check, seller said all parts are original. TIA
        Ask him to take a foto of the VIN number and put them here to be checked. Once is there ask him to take fotos of the scuttle and arounf both strut towers (where rust attacks as well). Are you sure the car as only done 15 000miles??? If thats the case its an ultra low mileage and its worth considerably more. How much is the owner is asking for it?

Comment

what country is the car in? You can ask the members on this site to go check it out for you (those who are local to the car)

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
            what country is the car in? You can ask the members on this site to go check it out for you (those who are local to the car)
            its in Asia, but my family are all there, so my brother and uncle are going to check it out for me this coming weekend. I will post the pics here as soon as i have good news on the car, and ill see if i could post the VIN here to get it checked. any other info on this car before i pull the trigger?

Comment

Since you are located in the US, I believe your intentions are to bring it here? If so, you're probably looking at some time even before you get the car. It'll probably sit in customs for some time. Then, you will have to spend big bucks to legalize the car for US road use. That is why you will not see any Evo iterations in the US. Hope this helps before you get caught off guard. Good find nonetheless.

Comment

I do live in US right now, but my hometown is in Asia so the car will sit there and will be pampered waiting for me to get back. I have just recieved the VIN number but it doesnt show anything on Carfax since its not made for the US Market.. any pointers on how to check it. the VIN no and engine no are different, is it supposed to be like that?

Comment

wow.. i cant wait to see pics! good luck

Comment

Hi there, from the literature I have for the EvoII model,the VIN will start with a WBSAK01 and the last seven digits should be from 2191372 to 2191953

Hope this helps.

Aaron

"But most of all...
                    ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

you can check the engine by looking for an 'E' cast into the head.

Otherwise go direct to BMW heritage, give them the VIN and they will provide a printout. I think they still do this anyway.
                      Last edited by UK215M3; 05-29-2007, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Az in Oz View Post
                        Hi there, from the literature I have for the EvoII model,the VIN will start with a WBSAK01 and the last seven digits should be from 2191372 to 2191953

Hope this helps.

Aaron
                        Aaron,

Thanks for the info, it sure helps. and yes it starts with WBSAK01 and the last seven digits falls in between those numbers you gave me. so im excited! i hope everything goes well, if it does, it will be mine next week.

Comment

Originally posted by kamakevie View Post
                          wow.. i cant wait to see pics! good luck
                          Yes, i have pics but not sure if i should post it up since its not mine just yet. if everything goes well this saturday (fingers crossed) i surely will post pics, it is one of the cleanest and straight of the showroom looking EVO II.

Comment

Originally posted by MTROMINI View Post
                            it is one of the cleanest and straight of the showroom looking EVO II.
                            Not sure about that...

Comment

Originally posted by kiko View Post
                              Not sure about that...
                              LOLOL.. Ok, maybe not, im sure there are lots of other clean evo II here. but ill post pics next week.. lets see your evo II pics here? should i make another thread?

Comment

Working...
                              X