Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 M3 Evo II

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    the VIN no and engine no are different, is it supposed to be like that?

    Nope. Engine was probably swapped out. That would hurt it's value, and make sure the VIN numbers are in the EVO2 range on the swapped engine as well.

    Mark
    Mark

    "She'll hold together. Hear me, baby? Hold together!" -- Han

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by \\\Mark View Post
      Nope. Engine was probably swapped out. That would hurt it's value, and make sure the VIN numbers are in the EVO2 range on the swapped engine as well.

      Mark
      here's what the seller sent me, so the engine and chassis should have same number (VIN)? but the engine no doesnt look like a vin no, might be some sort of an s14 id number? :lostme:

      VIN: WBSAK...191553
      ENGINE NO: 13084200H

      Comment


      • #18
        Hi,

        According to the VIN it's an original EVO2.

        The engine number is different to the VIN.

        Running the VIN in the ETK should give you the engine no, from the engine the car left the factory with back in 1988.

        (I can't check it, but some of the people on this board can! I don't think you're BMW Dealer can find the info)

        You can also ask the seller to give you the engine code, not a particular code for the engine which belongs to VIN 2191553, but a particular code for the Evo2 engine:



        234EA is 195 or 200PS engine
        234S1 is 220PS M3 Evolution engine
        234S2 is 215PS engine
        254S1 is M3 Sport Evo engine

        (204EA is 320is engine)

        So the 501 Evo2 engines, all have the ''234S1'' code.

        Hope this helps

        Regards Joep

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by JOEPM3 View Post
          234EA is 195 or 200PS engine
          234S1 is 220PS M3 Evolution engine
          234S2 is 215PS engine
          254S1 is M3 Sport Evo engine

          (204EA is 320is engine)

          I`ve seen this line been copied several time by different members.

          My thoughts were that:

          S1=EvoI 200 PS
          S2=EvoII 220 PS without cat and late Euro version 215 PS with cat.

          ???
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by JOEPM3 View Post
            Hi,

            According to the VIN it's an original EVO2.

            The engine number is different to the VIN.

            Running the VIN in the ETK should give you the engine no, from the engine the car left the factory with back in 1988.

            (I can't check it, but some of the people on this board can! I don't think you're BMW Dealer can find the info)

            You can also ask the seller to give you the engine code, not a particular code for the engine which belongs to VIN 2191553, but a particular code for the Evo2 engine:



            234EA is 195 or 200PS engine
            234S1 is 220PS M3 Evolution engine
            234S2 is 215PS engine
            254S1 is M3 Sport Evo engine

            (204EA is 320is engine)

            So the 501 Evo2 engines, all have the ''234S1'' code.

            Hope this helps

            Regards Joep
            Hi Joe,

            Thanks for your help, so the VIN and engine codes are supposed to be different right? a member on the earlier post told me to try bmwregistry.com for european VIN check, i emailed them and still waiting for a reply.
            im not sure whats a ETK is, and how can i contact them. so that particular code is on the back of the motor? i dont know if the seller would want to life the engine up for me just to see the code. but i guess ill ask if he had the engine code jotted down on paper or not.. Thanks

            Comment


            • #21
              Hi,

              Yep, they're supposed to be different.

              ETK is a programme which contains all BMW parts. You can search for partnrs etc.

              If you post a message, with the question whether anyone can run you're VIN, I think you'll end up with the enginecode matching you're Vin.

              You could also try [email protected]

              They're able to give you info about the delivery date, where it was originally sold etc.

              @Carlo, I don't know. Have copied that info from elsewhere on this board.

              But Evo1's engine is identical to the normal S14B23 200bhp without cat. So I wouldn't be suprised if they have the same enginecodes. (Just like Cecotto's, Europameisters, Ravaglia's)

              ...But I could be wrong!

              Regards
              Last edited by JOEPM3; 05-30-2007, 08:46 AM.

              Comment


              • #22
                You can also contact Mobile Tradition in Germany who can tell you all of the details like numbers, accessories that came on you r can by the body seriel number.
                [email protected]
                Cheers,
                Jim

                Comment


                • #23
                  O.k. I Wrote too fast.

                  Researched the ETK again.

                  The list posted was mostly right.

                  234EA is 195 or 200PS engine
                  234S1 is 220PS M3 Evolution II engine
                  234S2 is 215PS engine (Cecotto,Ravaglia and late Euro)
                  254S1 is M3 Sport Evo engine

                  Evo I has another part#. No engine code mentioned in the ETK!
                  It seems to have an early style block and a late style cilinderhead.

                  It makes me nuts.:err:
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I just received an email from BMW HERITAGE saying that they couldnt check european car VIN. Thanks for all the info guys, i appreciate it. i will post the VIN number on another thread to see if someone could check it for me and ill also try those emails that Joe and Jim posted. Cheers!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Is the car in Indonesia? is this the car?


                      if this is the car, it is a genuine EVO II, the white one is mine. what do you want to know about this car? i just saw it 2 days ago.
                      Last edited by helvetica; 05-30-2007, 11:12 PM.
                      1988 E30 M3 Alpinewhite II 2.5L (sold)
                      1997 E39 528i Platinum Gray

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by MTROMINI View Post
                        I just received an email from BMW HERITAGE saying that they couldnt check european car VIN. Thanks for all the info guys, i appreciate it. i will post the VIN number on another thread to see if someone could check it for me and ill also try those emails that Joe and Jim posted. Cheers!
                        you probably didnt send them the whole VIN did you? They would require at least the last 7 digits.

                        Anyway I had a contact check the VIN out and it indeed matches a misano red Evo2 with sunroof. The engine serial number should read 60094350. this number is visible on the machined surface shown above (I paintshopped that arrow) when looking down between firewall and intake runner of cylinder number 4. Perhaps you need to get the vacuum hose that runs to the brake booster out of the way but it should be visible (even without hoisting the engine out)
                        Report any numbers you get given by the current owner, perhaps we can tell you what the mean.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Note that the cylinder head should have the full, chassis VIN number. The block may have its own engine # but the VIN will be on the cyl head, on the intake side by the fuel rail. This should tell you if the engine is original or not. That is unless that was for the US only
                          "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            that (i.e. VIN on cyl.head) was for US only.
                            with the serial nr of the block you can make sure that you have the original block.
                            Search for 'identifying, Evo' for a list of how to check all the other Evo 2 exclusive engine and body parts.
                            On the pic above for instance it looks like the brake ducts are gone.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              if that is the car, the brake ducts and antenna are gone. the front bumper has received some body work where the brake duct has been 'shaved' and the antenna has been shaved as well. The car has been resprayed and one of my friend, told me that the color seems a bit off. it has also been converted to RHD. Cosmetic wise, the seeler put in new lights front and rear, new center caps, new mirrors, and badges. the motor has original 4x,xxxkm no leaks, and seems to be pretty strong. i can find out more about the motor if you would like. we go to the same dealer for parts, and i can ask the parts department what's the cars shopping list. hope that helps.

                              MTROMINI: i've met your younger brother and i know that you are looking for an E30. he also asked me if i were selling mine.
                              1988 E30 M3 Alpinewhite II 2.5L (sold)
                              1997 E39 528i Platinum Gray

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Hi guys, sorry for taking so long to update this thread again. I have been busy and also sold my e46 m3 race car, definitely going to miss it, will have replacement soon.

                                Helvetica --> Yes, that is the car. and yes my brother was the one who told me about that evo m3, he's also looking for an e30 m3 i think. my bro and uncle went and saw the car couple of days ago and mentioned that he saw the re-spray on the body panel. didnt get the chance to test drive it yet, since the owner is out of town, this week hopefully. Helvetica, Yes, why not, it would certainly help if your dealership could tell me more about the car.

                                Thanks to all that replied this thread!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X