X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done......."Honey cancel the doctor he's ok now"
    www.bayareamotorsport.com/gary

Comment

if someone would give me 60k for a Sport Evo, it would be sold in a second!

SIXTY GRAND!!!

Just buy a normal one, modify it a little and put 35 grand in your pocket.

What's so special on a Sport Evo except the fact that there are only 500 made???

It doesn't drive different, it hardly looks different, the engine isn't making the 238 bhp they claim.

So educate me while I am looking for my flame suit.....

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

Originally posted by UweM3 View Post

SIXTY GRAND!!!

What's so special on a Sport Evo except the fact that there are only 500 made???

It doesn't drive different, it hardly looks different, the engine isn't making the 238 bhp they claim.

IMHO, the main difference is value and the coolness of driving something so rare and special. I suspect the Sport Evo is going to continue to appreciate a lot more than a regular M3.

Comment

Originally posted by luve30 View Post
          IMHO, the main difference is value and the coolness of driving something so rare and special. I suspect the Sport Evo is going to continue to appreciate a lot more than a regular M3.

hmmmm, maybe I am a little bit weird. I just don't think that I am any cooler because I drive a special car. Even in a Sport Evo I am the same grumpy old git [peace].
          I'd rather be a grumpy old git with extra 35k in his pockets

Comment

Originally posted by UweM3 View Post

SIXTY GRAND!!!

The Mona Lisa is nothing more than a smiling tranny yet the price. The SEs intrinsic value as a car is minimal but instead the nostaligic value is driving it to greater heights.
            As has been seen with 1972 2.7 RS and 964 RS porsche, Audi Sport Quattro, 60s American Muscle, etc.

Horses for courses as they say.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Salmank View Post
              The Mona Lisa is nothing more than a smiling tranny yet the price. The SEs intrinsic value as a car is minimal but instead the nostaligic value is driving it to greater heights.
              As has been seen with 1972 2.7 RS and 964 RS porsche, Audi Sport Quattro, 60s American Muscle, etc.

agree with all the above. Everybody has different opinions of what to do with their money. I am just not the type with special expensive things in my portfolio.

sure there will be a peak. It's all a gamble in the end. One day prices may drop and that's the point one needs to watch out for.

But I can imagine that if somebody who owns a Sport Evo since a while isn't too bothered selling it even for silly money because he has paid far less than they are going for now and no matter what will always get back what he paid for it a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Salmank View Post

Well said (great analogy).

I agree, it's the concept of exclusivity. It's not for everyone, and not for me at this time. But for those who money is no object... why not have something that is a very limited production.

Comment

There's definitely something to be said for having a regular M3 and being able to drive it like you stole whenever you want. Unless you have gobs of cash, a rare car like the SE does require you to be a little paranoid about where/when you drive and where you park, etc.

Comment

Hi all,

It has been some time since i've been on here so hope you are all keeping well.

So I have decided that the SE must finally go now as its just sitting there doing nothing. It has been driven only three times in the last 18 months - and this time please please don't talk me out of it

Mileage is 125k km now.

Please do let any interested parties know.

Thanks,

Salman
                    sigpic

Comment

How much are you looking to get?

Also, the EDC is still working? It doesn't have any wear= softer? I always wonder the owners of SE equipped with EDC when these fail they can't keep OEM factory their SE because these shocks are NLA? Not that this decrease the value of the Se whatsoever, just curious.

Looks awesome your SE. If that car would be mine, I would be driving probbaly every weekend no matter what, it's a car made to be driven, and HARD!
                      Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver / Euro E34 M5 '93 / Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro / Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro / Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

There is no EDC suspension on Salmank.s Sport Evo.
                        EDC was a an extra option and not a standard item.

M3 E30, the real one...
                        Sport Evolution, the ultimate one!

Comment

As for the price, high 40s please, maybe more. (Sterling)

I see your price has jumped a little Salman, a few of 70k what the story?

GARY.
                          sigpic

Comment

I had a replacement heater matrix made out of platinum and all cavities filled with gold - hence the jump
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi Salman,

Then I would want a discount for carrying all that extra weight!

Hope you are well, and good luck with your sale.

Dave.

Comment

Has the SE sold? Beautiful car.
                                Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
                                1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
                                2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
                                http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

Working...