Wanted: EvoII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msjudged1 View Post
    very nice 964, appears to have a cage? How does this differ from the US RSA 964?

Great decision on the car, for the price and what you get - can't go wrong... Enjoy her in good fun.
    Thanks..... With regards to the RS, cage isn't standard on the basic model like this is. It's a bolt in item that was fitted in Germany before the car came over. Have contemplated removing it but I'd have to change bits of the carpet, and replace a few bits of trim as well which could all add up. There were around 290 N-GT models though more commonly referred to as Clubsports which have a fully welded Matter cage, no carpet amongst other things.... I'm not too hot on the US RSA spec suffice to say it is generally not considered a "true" RS by many. Of course I wouldn't like to comment

Comment

Congrats. on a good find. Looks lovely especially on those wheels.

Loving the 964 RS too. Did Craig and yourself have a spirited drive to compare and contrast the cars? Always wanted to see and smackdown between the two
      sigpic

Comment

Nice car and congrats on the purchase. Thats the first time Ive knowingly looked at a photo of an Evo 1. it would be nice to see some shots of the interior when you get the chance.

Comment

Not yet but being planned... Watch this space
          Craig

1990 M3 Sport Evo

2006 VW Golf R32

Comment

Originally posted by Sporty1 View Post
            Would appear so, VIN falls within the correct range, and it has the all important "E".

ETA;

Nice '64RS.
            I agree, it must be an EvoI and a very nice one at that, but the 'E' stamped on the block is not the E meant in the designation of an EvoI head. It is punched below TB #4 (only visible using a mirror) as it says here:

I've seen a picture of it here on S14.net I seem to remember.
            Last edited by hardtailer; 06-15-2011, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Salmank View Post
              Congrats. on a good find. Looks lovely especially on those wheels.

Loving the 964 RS too. Did Craig and yourself have a spirited drive to compare and contrast the cars? Always wanted to see and smackdown between the two
              Would make an interesting back to back test for a mag given the two aren't too dissimilar in price these days. The RS will probably have a fair bit more grunt but they will both be very rewarding to drive on road or track.

Comment

Originally posted by MattH View Post
                Nice car and congrats on the purchase. Thats the first time Ive knowingly looked at a photo of an Evo 1. it would be nice to see some shots of the interior when you get the chance.
                Matt, I suspect the interior is much like any other M3 from that year. It has the dog tooth seats, mines slightly worn on the driver seat so I need to find the material or get a replacement. Here is a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by hardtailer View Post
                  I agree, it must be an EvoI and a very nice one at that, but the 'E' stamped on the block is not the E meant in the designation of an EvoI head. It is punched below TB #4 (only visible using a mirror) as it says here.
                  Thanks hardtailer, I'll have to have another search for it. It's very tight down there!! May be easier to check from underneath? I'll see what I can find....
                  Cheers,
                  Jon

Comment

Congrats to a very nice and rare Evo 1 purchase

M3 E30, the real one...
                    Sport Evolution, the ultimate one!

Comment

Originally posted by jon.b View Post
                      Thanks hardtailer, I'll have to have another search for it. It's very tight down there!! May be easier to check from underneath? I'll see what I can find....
                      Cheers,
                      Jon
                      I think I found the "E"!

Comment

that's the one! Congratulations on that.

Comment

Hi all,
                          Update: Like most, my car has been off the road for the past few months. I intended to get it taxed for the start of April but I've let that slip now, so I'll go for May. Anyway, I had the front bumper off the car soon after buying it to repair a small crease in it. I was relieved to find everything in good order behind it and the repaired / resprayed front bumper really improved the cars appearance. This weekend I had some time to take the rear bumper off. Other than many years of grime I was again pleased to see that it is all in pretty good condition behind there. Definitely worth removing it as well if nothing else to remove all the debris that has accumulated along the side sections of the bumper which will over time not do the body any good. Anyway here are a couple of pics:

Next task - remove side sills!

Look forward to catching up with a few of you over the summer months!

Jon

Comment

Looks good Jon, I'm going to do the same when mine goes off the road for the winter this year. Let us know how you get on with the side sills.

Rob

Comment

Thanks Rob, Will do. You up for meeting up sometime? There's Craig and James local too, my car should be on the road start of May.

Comment

Working...
                              X