No announcement yet.

60k will get you a very special car....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60k will get you a very special car....

Destined for a museum surely:

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/find...lCarID=1864569

Very nice

http://garage.s14power.com/showgalle...08&ppuser=1534

Comment

Someone should pick this car up and do a s54 swap with it and use it s a NYC daily driver...All i can say is wow...Its amazing how cars like this are starting to come out of the woodworks...
      sigpic

1988 Diamantschwarz/Black

Comment

Barney has shifted it..... Mental money.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...8-sold/1288888

Comment

Wow.
          Thats a grail car for me. I've always loved the Evo 2s more than any other. That one had my favorite color combo.

Any of the UK guys remember what a new E2 was selling for in new?
          jimmy p.
          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
          92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
          98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
          04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

On the road they were 27381 in 1988.

This particular car has options which took it to about 31000. So not a great return on an original investment of that amount of money 25 years ago, especially considering the owner(s) have hardly had chance to enjoy driving the thing.

Agree with you on the colour Jimmy, as soon as I saw it I had to have one!

Comment

I'm a sucker for shiny red cars...
              Yes, I agree, the sad part is that they really didnt get to drive it very much.
              I can appreciate the preservation of such a rare car, but thats leaving some of the joy of ownership on the table.
              I dont drive my garage queen very much, maybe about 1000 miles per year on sunny days, but even at that I enjoy it.

Rob, are you the original owner of yours?
              jimmy p.
              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
              92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
              98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
              04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

No there were 4 owners before me, all Belgian but the car was registered in Germany.

Red Evo 2's are quite rare so I bought the first one I could afford, it was pretty tidy but the bodywork needed attention so she's in the shop now having the works.

Good thing is with 210,000kms on the clock I'm not scared of using the car as a daily when the weather suits.

Comment

It says in that report that there were only 51 UK Evo II's Regestered new in the UK. That's good news for me because I have one. but is that number correct?

Comment

Nicr car, very low mileage. I believe 51 Evo2's , 38 Sport Evolution's and a total of no more than 300 cars of all variants of M3 sold here in the UK during the 3-4 year production run, so not many people have driven let alone own a M3 here in the UK, people did not understand what a legend the left hand drive only M3 was, and favoured the right hand drive 325i sports 6 cylinder engine over the mean ruff and gruff M3 4 cylinder engine, being the Uk people didn't like the fact of LHD only, but genuine enthusiasts knew there was no comparison with the Ultimate Driving Machine
                    Originally posted by bigbird76 View Post
                    It says in that report that there were only 51 UK Evo II's Regestered new in the UK. That's good news for me because I have one. but is that number correct?

Comment

I believe this car sold through Classic Heroes shortly after it went on sale with them for 65k :surprised

Comment

Just noticed this post - own the car and very happy to have bought it back in 2013. Is number 264/500 and still smells new when you open the door. Mileage now 4900... Is so perfect it is a problem - what do you do with it??!!

Gets better, "found" 263/500 in Australia - all a little untidy and converted to rhd but bought that and about to get it back on the road after partial restoration. Big advantage is that it will get driven on a regular basis...

Comment

Working...
                        X