Any UK guys done this course?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any UK guys done this course?

I saw this in the back of EVO magazine and I was wondering if anyone had done the course? Any other drivers coures in the UK that you might recommend? I'm thinking about the supercars course. It would be $1000CDN but how frikin fun would that be!!

Thruxton Motorsport

Personally I can think of better ways to spend the money! I have been on a similar course in UK, it was at silverstone and I got to drive a Ferarri F355, all the cars were left hand drive to stop the average driver from going to fast (dont think they noticed me in my lefty M3) and in the passenger seat was a clutch and brake, to slow you down if you went to fast!!
    Basically these things are cons especially in england, plus theres the weather, if you want to have a go It is almost impossible to book one for the summer.
    If I had the money to spare I would put it towards a trip to the Nurburgring!!

Comment

My mate did the 360 experiance at Thruxton and said it was great. It's one of the fastest circuits in the UK. I been looking at the lately and the addition of getting to drive a Murcielago makes it even more tempting!
      "It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"

Comment

[i]If I had the money to spare I would put it towards a trip to the Nurburgring!! [/B]
        Book the Ring Taxi, well worth the money

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

If only I could make a concrete date to go to the ring! And I would love to go round in the ring taxi, I hear it is fully booked for years to come!

Maybe this summer will be the time to go. I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Italian M3
            If only I could make a concrete date to go to the ring! And I would love to go round in the ring taxi, I hear it is fully booked for years to come!

Maybe this summer will be the time to go. I hope.
            June 26 and 27 is THE time to be at the Ring . A full public weekend and 70+ E30 M3s !
            This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

Somebody please explain the ring taxi. I gather from the post that its some type of wild ride around the ring with someone that knows what he's doing. You say its booked for several years though. Why doesn't some enterpising young person create and market more of these rides then? Seems like an untapped gold mine if the wait is years..

Robert M

Comment

It is not really years! but it gets booked up so quickley.
                The Ring Taxi is a lap or two of the Nurbergring in the M5. I have heard the best driver is a lady called Sabine, she has raced here at the ring and won many times! Her ride is meant to be great and as you can fit 4 people including the driver your friends will be able to see it to belive it! (she gets very sideways!)
                Here are some sites for you to look at

http://www.nurburgring.de/?lang=eng

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/index.html

I think the only reason that someone else is not doing this is because the authorities do not alow this? That just a guess though.

Comment

I picked up some brochures from restaurants in town while I was there. One was offering a lap in a race Viper, something like 350 euro for one lap though.

Comment

I am very happy to live a 2,5hours drive of the ring. Have been there twice this year.... and more to come.
                    If you are interested in vids etc. of the ring, look at

http://www.8200rpm.com

this site will give some good information about the course too.

If someone wants to take a ride at the circuit. Be very careful, it will take a lot of laps before you know the circuit. It's very long and dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                    X