Catch me if you can.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch me if you can.............

Last edited by HANDBLT; 05-14-2003, 09:05 AM.

I take it that's with the AFMLink?

I'll be trying to catch you in the next couple of weeks.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Comment

Nice...my dyno curve is flatline right now.
      Simply put, the best that ever lived.

"I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's." Ayrton Senna, January, 1989.

Comment

Hey you're getting faster!

Check your PM I have a Q4U on another subject.

Stan

Comment

I just saw an unamed AFM-less S14 E30 M3 pull 232 RWHP on the dyno.

My god, the sound emanating from the beast made me go to the corner and whimper. The intake sounds like a turbine! I'll let the owner of the car fill you guys in later. I also have it on by Digital Handicam, so I'll try to post the movie in a few days.

YJ - Saving up the money for Alpha-N to join Stan's "Burn the AFM" club.

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
          97 Porsche Carrera S
          13 Audi S6
          SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
          GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

I take it that's with the AFMLink
            No, the link is still at link waiting on the software revision. This is with a homemade MAF kit and an old PSC1 off ebay.

I still have a huge jump right at 6000rpm that is hurting the final HP numbers, and the wheels smoking at 5000 and up is prolly doing the same. It's prolly over 200. The dyno numbers do not tell the story as Stan has tried to explain. Before the removal of the AFM, this car with these cams was a chore to drive around town. Now it is a joy with all of the low end, part throttle torque.

Not bad for a 121K motor with no rebuild and only cams. I can't wait to get up to Autothority and get a chip burned to fix some of the spark timing/pinging issues.

Here is the AF log of the dyno run, see the dip in the AF.

Comment

I just saw an unamed AFM-less S14 E30 M3 pull 232 RWHP on the dyno.
              Hmm, let's see .... Seattle...232rwhp.....would that be a fully blown 2.5L with EVOIII everything???????

I bet that is fun to drive.......

T

Comment

Great numbers Handblt is that with cams and adjustable cam gears or just stock 2.3 w/cams?

BTW, we need to have these dyno charts added to the dyno page.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Handblt, damn those numbers are awesome for a MAF kit you put together on a 2.3L with cams. I'm guessing you have 284/276 setup?? I'm very impressed. Congratulations. The part throttle improvements must be awesome!

Yeah that "anonymous" 232RWHP car was incredible. Holy cow is that intake loud. Hopefully, he will let me take it out sometime :p
                  I don't wanna steal too much thunder, so I'll stay quite for now.

But damn, 232RWHP from a 2.5L NA engine w/o variable cam timing is out of this world. Imagine what VANOS or a VTEC setup would do to the S14.... anyways, BMW built one hell of a engine.

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
                  97 Porsche Carrera S
                  13 Audi S6
                  SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
                  GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

Great numbers Handblt is that with cams and adjustable cam gears or just stock 2.3 w/cams
                    adj cam gears, dialed in to Schrick specs.

Oh and the Ford MAF I found in the Junkyard is HUGE............

I actually had to up the SS basemap that is usually rich about 10% just to safely run the car. This intake is loud as hell too, I'll record it tonight.

T

Comment

>>>But damn, 232RWHP from a 2.5L NA engine w/o variable cam timing is out of this world. Imagine what VANOS or a VTEC setup would do to the S14.... anyways, BMW built one hell of a engine.<<<

Ditching the AFM helps these motors at all RPMs and throttle openings. And we got TORQUE compared to those 'lil H motors.

Stan

Comment

I got the new Mr Dyno up and running and here are some numbers:

50mph to 80mph:
                        Weight: 3067
                        Start speed: 50.02mph
                        ET: 6.00sec
                        Power: 203.4 @ 78.8mph @ 6232rpm
                        Torque: 182.9 @ 73.6mph @ 5818rpm

Not too bad for 3000+lbs and 235/40/17" motorsport wheels.

T

Comment

This thing is too cool......

Comment

Originally posted by HANDBLT
                            Hmm, let's see .... Seattle...232rwhp.....would that be a fully blown 2.5L with EVOIII everything???????

I bet that is fun to drive.......

T
                            Yes, it is!

Wheel spin is a bitch!

Anyway, thoes are GREAT numbers for your car! Your torque curve looks just like mine, only a little less. Driveing at low RPM's has never been so much fun!

I still got to get ADJ cam gears and dial thoes in. I'm also working on some other little things. Maybe by the end of the year I'll pull 250rwhp, and loose some torque.

Now, how about showing us some pics of this intake you made?

Do not click
                            At least it's German

Comment

Nice, that pretty much what I have except I've still got the AFM, I did 198 RWHP.
                              I suspect you have a lot more lowdown torque than me though.

How this for impressive one of the co owners of Bexley Motor Works mapped his yesterday. It s 2.3L C/F airbox 8 injectors MBE EMS and it did 270 @ crank. :surprised
                              I don't know the RWHP but I should be about 225-230 RWHP. If you really wanna know I try and find out.

But for a 2.3L that pretty impressive!!!
                              "It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"

Comment

Working...
                              X