Maxx WB02 upgrade?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxx WB02 upgrade?

I have an older Maxx unit that I'm considering upgrading and wanted to hear from folks that have had this done.

I had my Maxx on my car for 13 years and after the initial tune and tweaking I never had to touch it again. Now I'm having the motor rebuilt and figured that if I'm going upgrade now's the time - even thought I'm not sure it's totally necessary.

- Did you contact maxx-automotive.com directly?
    The site's in German so I'm not sure if there will be a language barrier. I bought my unit from John Jonson about 13 years ago and don't have his contact info any longer.

- Does anything need to be changed on the harness?
    I don't recall if my current WB02 has inputs to the Maxx. I vaguely remember seeing the O2 readings on the Maxx software display but it's been so long I'm not sure, and I don't have my car here to check.

- What was the turn-around time?

Thanks
    -M

Mick,
    100% worth the upgrade. It is great! You can contact Martin directly and ship it right to him. If he is around, it is likely that he’ll have it back to you in a week.

Comment

Thanks Floss.
      Martin = M3Pilot ?

Comment

I have an early Maxx that was upgraded. I had to repin the X3? connector to get it to work with the new feature. It's been years but there's a difference in the harness where the early harness only had a connector for shift lights and not a wideband so I had to switch a couple of pins on it to get it working. This was the only thing I had to do. The rest is plug n play.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
        89 M3 - SEPANG BRONZE/SCHWARZ
        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Mick,
          IIRC, I did not have to change anything that I can remember. I am pretty sure it was plug and play but Martin should be able to steer you in the right direction. I would first try kontakt@maxx-automotive.de

Comment

Working...
          X