Still trying to figure out some AN basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinM View Post
    I understand that the stock Motronic has many different tables that are used as compensation/correction, and that the engineers did their homework with them and we want to leverage those. I feel that I still don't understand what MAXX is advising.
    There is a listing in the chip's binary file that lists the beginning hex location of each table. A dump of the listing shows the number of tables to be 110!

Comment

Mlytle - really wish I could. I have not ever been able to get on the s14 power website. At one point I must have had an account. Have attempted to logon using forgotten password refresh but a refresh email never arrives. When attempting to set up a new one it won’t allow because email is already in use.

im striking out at every turn.

Comment

Aha, used an old password from years ago that got me on. Reading to do.

Comment

Originally posted by gereed75 View Post
          Mlytle - really wish I could. I have not ever been able to get on the s14 power website. At one point I must have had an account. Have attempted to logon using forgotten password refresh but a refresh email never arrives. When attempting to set up a new one it won’t allow because email is already in use.

im striking out at every turn.
          Try setting up a new account? That forum is THE source for AN info and it's still very active.
          88 M3 Henna
          95 M3 Orange
          97 M3 Techno

Comment

Leave NBsim (pin24 on motronic) disconnected from WBO2. My Maxx/TE WBO2 kit came with this black wire NC’d with the end covered in heat shrink tubing.

Let Maxx control fueling based on AFR map. Turn Lambda OFF. Log your runs and plot TPS %, AFR, and RPM. Adjust fuel map on sites/cells where your AFR isnt matching the table / WBO2 needs to perform compensation (add fuel if lean, reduce fuel if too rich although most of my edits were adding)

Make absolutely sure the O2 sensor is calibrated in open air and that your TPS alignment is correct. Also check your throttle cable tension and pedal cluster bushings. Worn bushings will result in horrible TPS ‘wavering’ due to lack of tension.

The above mentioned s14power links have some extremely useful info that helped me get my 2.5L build running really well.

Comment

Working...
            X