Alpha n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha n

I've just installed Alpha n on my e30 m3 with a LC1 , i've tried the 2.5 maps , both were way to rich so i've used Uwe 's map , he's got 290 cams , i've got 284's , as a starting point till i get mine mapped in a couple of weeks time , but the idle has gone to pot goes from 13.2 to 15.5 , that's even when the engines warm , any body give me some help on this ?? ...

im not really following this at all.

But have you tried tuing it yourself? You cant just use someone else map....you have to tune your own.

Comment

Originally posted by ADA///M
      im not really following this at all.

But have you tried tuing it yourself? You cant just use someone else map....you have to tune your own.
      I have already explained that to him.
      He can't use my map at all as I am running bigger injectors as well.
      It will be way lean....
      and my map isn't based on a stock chip either.

Goodbye M3, you served me well.

Comment

I know i can't use someone else's map , but you have to load a map in to get the car started , every one know that has fitted alpha n has loaded a map in and the car has started and ran to give them a starting point to map there car , but my car won't idle to give me that starting point ...

Comment

idle is tough to get. I am still working on mine. Hopefully I can get it to my satisfaction. This a.m. the car just stumbled and bumbled. I'll find out tomorrow a.m. when I go to start it again from dead cold.

Tuning is tough. You can go over sites time and time again and find that they need tweaking. I have been tuning on my own while driving (not recommended) and I am slowly getting some spots but it takes time and effort for sure. (Mike...when are you coming home again? )

Anyhow...be patient with idle. You will need to go between the idle page and fuel page quickly at startup. Once I am closer to having gotten this idle worked out...I'll post back if you're still having trouble with what works/worked for me.

Comment

wired my AN in.
            Started the car for the very first time.
            Idle was fine from the word go.
            Never had a problem with idle since.

Actually my idle is better since the AN is fitted. An if I run in open loop it is very steady too.

My car starts even with a almost flat battery.

So if you're having problems with idle you might need to check everything involved.

BTW I have 290/290 cams fitted which might not be a great help for a low and smooth idle.

Grant has a custom chip fitted. You never know how good/bad that is programmed.

Comment

Grant you said "13.2 to 15.5" at idle as Uwe has said he has bigger injectors, 330cc I think, what are yours ?
              If they are say 300cc, of course you will have a higher AFR reading as the engine is running lean, which is something you don't want to do.

You will most likely need bigger injectors or a higher fuel pressure anyway when it comes to high rpm if you are only running 300cc injectors, they tend to be at the limit with a 2.5. I dare say otherwise when you get it tuned properly you will find you need more fuel above 6000rpm

Comment

Originally posted by UweM3
                wired my AN in.
                Started the car for the very first time.
                Idle was fine from the word go.
                Never had a problem with idle since.
                Lucky for you but I believe that you are in the 1% category.

My car was ROCK SOLID 880 idle before AN. I am STILL working on getting idle correct and I know many others that are using AN that aren't so thrilled with their idle quality so consider yourself extremely good or extremely luck. By any chance....would you care to post a screen shot of your idle map? I am curious to see what it looks like.

Comment

An another thing...not to hijack this thread but has anybody noticed that their laptop goes whacky once in while when hooked up to AN? My cursor freezes up on me and today....the program closed itself before I was able to upload/save the changes!!!!:grr: I was fucking pissed b/c I felt like I made a few nice changes!

I didn't lose connection or anything obvious like that...

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mflossin
                    Lucky for you but I believe that you are in the 1% category.

My car was ROCK SOLID 880 idle before AN. I am STILL working on getting idle correct and I know many others that are using AN that aren't so thrilled with their idle quality so consider yourself extremely good or extremely luck. By any chance....would you care to post a screen shot of your idle map? I am curious to see what it looks like.
                    there you go. But it's off line. All I can do for now.

Comment

interesting. That almost looks like mine. So you did indeed modify it?

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mflossin
                        interesting. That almost looks like mine. So you did indeed modify it?
                        No I haven't. MAXX did it while I was driving.

Comment

fuel maps

It would be considered a strange question...But given the fact that alpha n is (or seems to be) a tune by yourself system:

does the alpha n system modify the ignition advance maps or just only the fuel maps?

In point of fact i do run an alpha n system but not the maxx one (i made it by myself) and i have had to change the idle maps (both ignition advance and the injection timing) to finally idle right when warm.
                          Last edited by france320isco; 03-28-2006, 03:41 AM.
                          power is nothing without drift

Comment

Originally posted by UK215M3
                            Grant you said "13.2 to 15.5" at idle as Uwe has said he has bigger injectors, 330cc I think, what are yours ?
                            If they are say 300cc, of course you will have a higher AFR reading as the engine is running lean, which is something you don't want to do.

You will most likely need bigger injectors or a higher fuel pressure anyway when it comes to high rpm if you are only running 300cc injectors, they tend to be at the limit with a 2.5. I dare say otherwise when you get it tuned properly you will find you need more fuel above 6000rpm
                            MY engine is a evo sport 2.5 with 284 cams , i've tried the 2.5 maps supplied with the alpha n , both maps idle at 8.5 afr , and before i can change any thing the car stalls , but if i load up Uwe's map , the car starts and runs and i can drive it on , seems to be a better starting point than the 2.5 evo maps ...
                            Last edited by Grant w; 03-28-2006, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Re: fuel maps

Originally posted by france320isco

does the alpha n system modify the ignition advance maps or just only the fuel maps?

Only fuel

Uwe,
                              Well...it makes a difference when Martin modified it!

Comment

Working...
                              X