ALPHA N TPS question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALPHA N TPS question

Hi, what's the AN TPS (0280120402 or 13631707320) output at idle speed.
    I mean the output between the pins 2 and 3.
    Don't know if anybody has ever tested that.
    power is nothing without drift

http://www.s14.net/forums/showpost.p...4&postcount=10
    I would say less than 1V (0,4V is what I got at idle from the S50TPS which is also a 4kOhm TPS)

Comment

Originally posted by hardtailer View Post
      http://www.s14.net/forums/showpost.p...4&postcount=10
      I would say less than 1V (0,4V is what I got at idle from the S50TPS which is also a 4kOhm TPS)
      Thank you.
      But the S50 TPS is a common 3 pins 4kOhm not 6 pins with idle switch and WOT switch integrated.
      Or not?

Comment

You are right, it is a 3pin tps without idle or WOT switch but look at the pin out (see link) of the ...402 TPS: between pin 2 (ground) and 3 (signal) it is just like a standard 3 pin TPS which has 0,4V at idle. At the same time idle switch is closed so pin 6 is connected to ground.
        Or did I understand your question wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by hardtailer View Post
          You are right, it is a 3pin tps without idle or WOT switch but look at the pin out (see link) of the ...402 TPS: between pin 2 (ground) and 3 (signal) it is just like a standard 3 pin TPS which has 0,4V at idle. At the same time idle switch is closed so pin 6 is connected to ground.
          Or did I understand your question wrong?
          No no, you get me right.
          Thank you for the clarification.
          If it is a 0.4V at idle (at the same time idle switch closed) it is very simple to make the car idling right by modifying the idle fuelling via the emulator.
          I'm about to change my DIY by getting rid of the 4KOhm pot support (which is not perfectly centered with respect to the butterflies push rod, the one on the top of the intake manifold) and the 4KOhm pot itself and switching to the 6 way pot.
          The only thing is that it has to be a >0 Volt signal at idle, like the stock AFM (which is 0.98-1V).
          It won't be difficult to wire the 6 way pot to the stock AFM plug and to the stock throttle position switch plug.
          Then, after all the signals are in place in the correct order, is just a matter of emulator tuning on the load scales, etc, but i'm pretty sure that my current map will be pretty fine, even changing the pot.
          The only issue will be to modify the load scale to fit the maximum signal (3.5V) of the 6 way pot vs the >4,7 of the 4KOhm pot.

Obviously, if i'm not loosing anything...

Do you know the pin out of the stock Throttle Switch?
          Last edited by france320isco; 03-13-2011, 08:01 AM.

Comment

try searching...

http://www.s14.net/forums/showpost.p...56&postcount=2

Comment

Working...
            X