alpha n running rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alpha n running rich

Bought a 90 M3 with alpha n box and unknown carbon fiber intake box. The car would run full rich on my AFR gauge on full throttle (10:1AFR or richer). Is this normal?? Idle seems fine, fluctuating between 12-14:1 AFR. Would like to know if theres anything I can do to make them leaner. The car also felt a little slow or flat on full throttle. thanks

That's too rich, you should be rising from around 13.5 to 12.4 at full throttle as the RPMs climb. Do you have the cable and software to change the tune?

Comment

I don't have any of the cables or software? where do I get one? can I tune this myself assuming I have both of those items?

Comment

I don't suppose you know what alpha n u r running? Maxx? Any pics ? Either way, it sounds like u will have to find a tuner.
        Last edited by Reelizmpro; 02-20-2013, 08:18 PM.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
        85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

What region are you in as well, maybe you have a member that is nearby and can help you.
          Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

you are risking bore wash with such high AFR.

Comment

A little off topic, but I've been starting to go through the slow tuning process myself. I'm running Maxx off my WBO2 and the car runs rich too but it's adjusting the fuel map from -6 to sometimes hitting -15. My question is if it's rich across the board is there a easier way to lean out the whole curve or should I just start slowly leaning it out? I feel that if I can adjust the whole curve so its adjusting from 0 to -9 its a better starting point.... Probably a real stupid question.

Thanks,
              -Darren

Comment

Working...
              X