Carbon airbox kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon airbox kit

I've been working for something like 18 years in motorsports, as an engineer for race engine development.
    One of my nicest experiences is, 1991 DTM ending as best privateer with the marlboro euser M3(375 hp/ 9800 rpm).

Now I'm preparing a carbon airbox kit with an alpha n eprom for a very nice price

:evil:

I would like to check if more people are interested in asort of base kit:

-complete carbon airbox incl. the front air inlet part
    -special eprom for in the ECU (based on a std. engine configuration, std camshafts, porting, valves others will cost a bit more)
    -wiring harness for installation of the throttle potmeter (deletion of the restrictive airmeter), throttle potmeter itself and air temperature sensor

Other parts like throttle cable bracket, brake reservoir bracket are not included but can be delivered.

Now the funny part, all this starting with the base kit for around 1600 Euro (ex. shipment from the Netherlands)

So now we have some friendly competiton? Any images and EPROM data?

Comment

I like what I'm hearing, but like Mike said, I'd like some more information. Will there be data logging or anything like that?
      1988 BMW M3
      2010 Ferrari 599
      2013 BMW X1

Comment

Sorry but all all the prices I see on the internet for a complete alpha n kit are way tooooo high, I fu.. bought my m3 for that price.

images? drop me a mail
        eprom data, thats part of the deal based on std. engine config.
        In most cases you'll always need a roling road or engine dyno for exact mixture and ignition tuning.
        This kit has a potmeter for fuel adjustment, and an eprom with modified ignition advance etc.

Comment

Data logging, nice:cool:

But do you have an experienced engineer at your side who can interpret the data and make the adjustments????????

Nice to have a wide band o2 sensor but to make a closed loop engine operation you certainly need a lot of expertease.
          AnywaY got a nice WB o2 with dataloging also for a nice price

Comment

"Sorry but all all the prices I see on the internet for a complete alpha n kit are way tooooo high, I fu.. bought my m3 for that price."

Yours is only 1000euro less, but we have to factor in that a) we don't know your product b) we don't know if your trustworthy (even if you say you are an race engineer for 18 years c) just because your price is lower, doesn't mean it will be better.

"But do you have an experienced engineer at your side who can interpret the data and make the adjustments????????"

You don't need one these days. There is a lot of dyno shops around town that know their stuff, although they might not know the S14 engine, there are others (on this great forums) who do know a lot of stuff, namely John,Jeff J, Tony, Gus, etc.

I will e-mail you for some fotos, and extra information.
            We need details, options, what is needed to set up? Check your e-mail.

BTW: If I came off as harsh, I didn't mean to, but you are very new on here, and there are others on here who are probably interested in this kit, but they need more information and images.

Comment

Why ask for emails for pics of the product. Post them here for all to see.

Comment

Gsan,

Can you explain how your Eprom can replace Alpha-N ? As I understand, your set-up is fixed, no laptop tuning or whatever. Like at every new engine set-up a new Eprom ? Do sell the parts seperated as well ? If so what do they cost ?

Pleace post some pics of the airbox, and some more info on the Eprom ?
                sigpic

Comment

for 400 Euro more you could get a complete Airbox Kit include the Maxx Alpha N that have more options as only a Eprom....
                  http://www.s14motorsport.de/shop/alpha01.jpg

Markus

Originally posted by Gsan
                  Data logging, nice:cool:

But do you have an experienced engineer at your side who can interpret the data and make the adjustments????????

Nice to have a wide band o2 sensor but to make a closed loop engine operation you certainly need a lot of expertease.
                  AnywaY got a nice WB o2 with dataloging also for a nice price

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

Counter attack by Markus.
                    sigpic

Comment

*lol*

Markus:p

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

The base kit is as I described above for a std. engine configuration, the eprom is specificly developed on a dyno for this configuration with modified fuel and ignition maps, rev limiter at 8000 rpm.
                        Furthermore there is an aditional pot meter for tuning of the fuel quantity in case of minor modifications to cams, porting and other smaller mods.
                        For other combinations with major modifications like 2.5, M5 valves, race cams etc. the eprom data will have to be newly developed.

By the way Markus does your machine allow ignition timing and rev limiter modification??

Pricing for individual parts:
                        -Carbon airbox incl. air inlet 650 euro
                        -evo3 rear spoiler with carbon flipper (sandwich type like the original not the thin version which bends at high speed) 450 euro
                        -carbon or polyester evo1 front splitter 350/300 euro
                        -all other body panels available either in carbon/kevlar or full carbon

On the electronic side prices are not fixed yet because I'm in negotiation with various suppliers, at the moment looks like pricing of the basic airbox kit will go far below 1600 euro.

Gerhard
                        BS engine development

Comment

Gerhard,

The MAXX system Markus and John sell is quite popular. I would use the search or even look at our Top Topics.

The Eprom modifys the fuel/ignition and adds a new rev limit, how does it adapt to let it run with the box? We use a MAP/MAF sensor to remove the AFM?

Here are the photos for the box.

Comment

Here is an image from BS Motor web-site. Is this the product?

Comment

Thanks Michael for posting pix of my airbox.

Development of an eprom modification for alpha n conversion is quite extensive because the output signal of an AFM is totally diferent than a throttle position sensor (alpha) so the whole fuel map is completely modified, not just some minor mapping adjustments in fuel quantity.

I'm still in negotiation with several experienced chip suppliers like Carly motors (my former boss, officialy recommended by motorsports), Beek auto racing and several others in europe.
                              So development cost of only one eprom will be rather high, therefore looking for more enthausiast's.
                              I think its rather short sighted if you only look at the maxx kit, when most of production engine tuning is done with an eprom modification.

:rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                              X