Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just started my E30 M3 cabriolet project!! :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW: Chitty rode in the car with me. Ask him about the handling of my car. Who said convertible does not handle good!!??
    sigpic
    1989 M3 Cabriolet "Reproduction" #787th?? :-)

Comment

• Raymond,
      as we briefly talked about, i would be most curious on what engine management would be used if you go with the s54 route.
      i have no experience with either of the following shops, but for reference.
      sias tuning here in bay area has TEC3R for $3250.
      VAC motorsports on east coast has their own for $4400. they also have vanos delete kit and conversion to throttle cable kit as s54 is throttle by wire.
      these 2 options are expensive, but i believe both have done extensive tuning with their ecu.
      maybe there are more options (cheaper?) out there that offers good drivability. let me know if you come across any.
      this is how i look at it. s54 usually cost 2x s50/52 easily. if you take out the dual vanos fxns and run an aftermarket ecu (it's really hard to beat bmw factory tuning IMO), you're essentially not taking full advantage of the s54, hence, hard to justify the price.
      all that being said, i still would LOVE to see an s54 in your beautiful cab!

David

Comment

• The car really turned out amazing. Looks even better than the couple real convertibles I've seen in the states. What tires/sizes did you end up using? And I was curious as to why the s54 needs to go standalone in the e30?

Comment

• Thanks probey
          Yes, the S54 is turning to be more complicated then I thought it will be. I will do more research and will definitely will keep the forum updated on what I do.
          Whatever I do, it will be no hack job just to get a S54 in there.
          If everything is not perfect, then it will not belong to thins car.

Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

• Thanks e30rida
            I am using Yokohama S drive 225/35/17 on 8.5 x 17
            sigpic

Comment

• Very nice car Raymond. Hopefully you won't use the handicap parking...haha inside joke

Comment

• Originally posted by Vazbro View Post
                Thanks probey
                Yes, the S54 is turning to be more complicated then I thought it will be.
                just ship the car here and let Rui Azeveodo the job, it will be done in 2 days ... It will be a beast with s54 + 6 speed

Comment

• Originally posted by vlad View Post
                  just ship the car here and let Rui Azeveodo the job, it will be done in 2 days ... It will be a beast with s54 + 6 speed
                  Yeah, but there is a lot of joy to be found in figuring these things out.

Nothing against Rui or anything, but wrenching is half the fun of these things!
                  1988 BMW M3
                  2010 Ferrari 599
                  2013 BMW X1

Comment

• Thanks Raymond fpr the ride. You for sure gave me a e-ticket ride, and had no fear in driving the car the way it was meant to be driven. After riding in you car it mad me wish i had the funds to do the gc coils over the H&R race/billy set up that I did. This car out handles most new BMW's. Ryan you did a great job setting the suspension up. All Raymond could say was how great of guy you were.

http://www.imbmparts.com/

Comment

• Well, I can do lot of the cosmetic works myself and simple mechanical things but things like engine transplant is not my cup a tea. Having said that, I did lot of research and have ideas.
                      Now I am more serious about the engine transplant and I won't be waiting a year or so to do it. I want that engine now!!But I am still undecided. Cost will play a big role here.
                      Shipping to east coast is not a very good option (it will cost me at least $2500 round trip in covered transporter) unless the price is justifiable. I don't know. I haven't ruled anything out yet.

Somebody buy my wheels and other parts!! Come on guys! I need the $$ for the transplant!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• You are welcome Chitty. You are the man who helped me the most in this project and the ride was the least I could do. I did offer you to drive it but you didn't. I guess you want to wait to drive it after the engine transplant
                        sigpic

Comment

• Here are some more pictures of my cabrio. The other M3 belong to my cousin.
                          Pictures were taken today, in Berkeley hills.

sigpic

Comment

• WOW again stunning!

Comment

• WOW! That is just perfect, stance, wheels, color, interior. Very nice job, well done Any idea how much exactly is it lowered ?

Comment

• Thanks guys
                                well, I am not sure how much it is lowered. All I can tell you is that the rear is lowered as much as possible with 5" spring and there are 7 more tooth left to lower the front. I can barley put a finger through the top of the tire and fender.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X