Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just started my E30 M3 cabriolet project!! :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks man.
    Yes, I was (still am:-) in Berkeley but thats not cafe Roma. The name is cafe Strada!!I hand in hear every Sunday.
    sigpic
    1989 M3 Cabriolet "Reproduction" #787th?? :-)

Comment

• lol, mistook the name with the one further down college ave.
      just wondering, is that a common e30 m3 owners gathering spot?
      because ive seen diamondschwarz, zinno, and silver e30 m3s there before, upon many ocassions.

Comment

• lol, just looked at some of your pics of that shoot with that alpine e30 m3 with the m-stripes and remember seeing that one @ strada too!
        btw, the reason I was in that area today was b/c i was driving gpeak to fish ranch/ moraga with my friend in the peugeot.
        had a few close calls while getting sideways

Comment

• man thats a nice car

Comment

• Comment

• Yes, that M3 with M stripes on the bumper is my cousin's car. My cousin and I hang in Strada every Sunday however, I am not aware of any other M3. I don't think you have seen those other ones in Sunday because I would have seen them too.

Last Sunday when I was going home on Fish Ranch rd, I looked at my rear mirror and I surprisingly saw a white M3 tailgating me. I thought it was my cousin but I didn't see the M stripes on the car.
              It happen to be Chris, the S14 member "IamTHORvikingGod"
              So yes, there are lot of E30 M3 owners in and around the area but I didn't see too many of them personally.
              sigpic

Comment

• cool.
                here are the other ones ive seen recently....in that area, and near it...

r

Comment

• wow, there are so many M3s in your area? and whats up with the red one? how can the owner get away with that???

A special thank you to:
                  archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yan-3 View Post
                    wow, there are so many M3s in your area? and whats up with the red one? how can the owner get away with that???
                    yeah, i know.
                    i wish i could find the owner, and restore his car to its original beauty.
                    btw, check out the zipties on the front valence and the mazda used car license plate frame:nope:

Comment

• Yes, don't forget the rocker panel that bulged out! That is some roughed up m3!! :-)
                      sigpic

Comment

• Ok, the S50 is getting ready to go in the car. Here is whats going in the car.
                        71k miles S50, E36 M3 5 speed ZF tranny, Dinan light weight E36 M3 flywheel, EWS delete chip with Conforti and Euro HFM programing, Euro 3.5" e36 M3 HFM, e28 3:25 limited slip differential, M coupe differential cover, 1998 e36 M3 drive shaft, E28 M5 engine mounts and some other parts.
                        I was thinking about doing the cams too but if I do it, I won't be able to supercharge it in the future so I left the stock cams in there.
                        Ryan will pick the car up this Sunday to his Eagle Nest in Auburn to perform the transplant.
                        Last edited by Vazbro; 06-04-2009, 02:16 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Vazbro View Post
                          Ok, the S50 is getting ready to go in the car. Here is whats going in the car.
                          71k miles S50, E36 M3 5 speed ZF tranny, Dinan light weight E36 M3 flywheel, EWS delete chip with Conforti and Euro HFM programing, Euro 3.5" e36 M3 HFM, e28 3:25 limited slip differential, M coupe differential cover, 1998 e36 M3 drive shaft, E28 M5 engine mounts and some other parts.
                          I was thinking about doing the cams too but if I do it, I won't be able to supercharge it in the future so I left the stock cams in there.
                          Ryan will pick the car up this Sunday to his Eagle Nest in Auburn to perform the transplant.
                          Looks like a great set-up, if you have an option and want to save money, a used 540 or 740 HFM it is the same as the Euro for $ 100-150.00 - programming is the same. The fact that the flywheel is out you may want to do a E34M5 clutch. Have fun!
                          Last edited by BingM3; 06-04-2009, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for your email. well, it is too late for the because I already purchased the Euro M3 HFM. I wanted to get a new one and I thought a new 540 or e36 M3 HFms should cost close to same price.
                            I still need to buy a clutch and I was looking to find a clutch that can handle at least 400 HP so I can later on upgrade to supercharger and not to deal with the clutch. Does the E34 M5 clutch can handle about 400 HP and if so, is it a direct replacement? Am I gonna need a E34 M5 pressure plate too?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hey Ray I have the parts list at work for you if you still needed it. I'm currently on vacation and I won't be back until the 15th of June. If you need anything give alex a call he will take good care of you. Also I still want the rear end out of your car when you are done. Let me know when I get back, talk you later.

Greg

http://www.imbmparts.com/

Comment

• Greg, I ordered the parts from Noha already and they are ready to be picked up too so I am taken care of. I need new exhaust manifold gasket, valve cover gasket and possibly E34 M5 clutch kit which I will order this Saturday when I am picking up the parts.
                                And as I mentioned before, the 4:10 rear end is yours, no problem.
                                See you soon.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X