Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just started my E30 M3 cabriolet project!! :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, here are the pictures. The S50 engine I purchased has only 71k miles and it is really clean (inside or outside). I also purchased a new M coupe differential cover which has a stronger diff bushing and it'll dissipate the heat better (Of course, It look good look too!
    Note the crank bearing. It is like new!!!!

sigpic
    1989 M3 Cabriolet "Reproduction" #787th?? :-)

Comment

• Sweet find! A motor that you only have to install and put oil in. Those bearings are good for another 100K! Gotta love that.
      I so want to do one of these conversions... but I just can't justify the cost of a new car going into it... yet Keep up the good work.
      Rich!

Comment

• yes, Ryan told me this is a very clean and nice engine. It even has metal water pump housing and ported and polished head. I am very happy that I found this engine because I would not want to install any S50 just to have a M motor. I searched a lot for a clean engine and looks like this is it.
        I am planning to supercharge it later.
        sigpic

Comment

• Are you painting the engine bay while you are at it?

Comment

• Originally posted by e30rida View Post
            Are you painting the engine bay while you are at it?
            Since the motor is already out why not? You already spent a load of $$$ on it. Do it right and it will make you sleep better at night

Comment

• I wasn't thinking to do that because the engine bay looks pretty clean to me.
              How much work is it to strip, clean and paint the engine bay? How much will it cost?
              sigpic

Comment

• You dont need to strip it since its white. You just need to freshen it up. Thats a 20yr old paint and I bet its turning yellow cause of the heat. Bro you have a well made car. Do it right! :hee: And while your at it buy new plastic reservoirs.
                Last edited by atan888; 06-11-2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by atan888 View Post
                  You dont need to strip it since its white. You just need to freshen it up. Thats a 20yr old paint and I bet its turning yellow cause of the heat. Bro you have a well made car. Do it right! :hee: And while your at it buy new plastic reservoirs.
                  since you have the motor out this should be a piece of cake, about 2 hours to take appart everything else, 2 hours prep time and less then an hour to paint.
                  Here is my 318iS project that I just did with the motor in it, it looks 10000 times better

also, relocate the battery to the trunk, do it right !
                  Last edited by vlad; 06-12-2009, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• Vlad- battery is going into the trunk, thats the only way!
                    Ryan G. MotorWorks

'72 2002tii Inka/Black (Restoring- then FS)
                    '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
                    '04 Mini Cooper S 6spd White/Black
                    http://www.ryangmw.com

Comment

• Very nice project !!!

More to see on www.fikux.cz

Comment

• any updates guys
                        91 M3 AW 2.5 CR Dogleg
                        88 M3 AW Track Car s54
                        95 525 Touring M52 Turbo
                        04 Toyota Tundra

Comment

• Nothing yet. I purchased lots of parts and sent it to Ryan. He is pretty busy but he has promised he'll get on it ASAP.
                          I can't wait to get my car back with the new S50 power plant!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• The S50 is in!! More pictures coming soon!

sigpic

Comment

• yes!!! that means Ryan can finish my motor soon as well.

A special thank you to:
                              archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

• How come your car is there for such a long time? I remember seeing it few months ago when Ryan installed the the 5 lug setup on my car.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X