Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just started my E30 M3 cabriolet project!! :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $, finding parts, $

A special thank you to:
    archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

• I feel ya! I know exactly what you are going through since I have been down that road at least four times! Good luck!
      Get ready for a photo shoot since the engine swap will be done soon! :-)
      sigpic
      1989 M3 Cabriolet "Reproduction" #787th?? :-)

Comment

• My first post on this thread I guess, I must say WOW ! Your dedication and attention to detail is inceredible. With the new engine, it will be a stunning performer as a looker too, I'm sure !
        Make sure you have a proper photoshoot when its all done !
        Last edited by CLUBBER; 07-05-2009, 10:11 PM.
        Can,

'87 E30 M3 (Henna Restoration)
        '00 E36/8 Z3 M Coupé Turbo
        '11 E90 320d M Sport

Comment

• Originally posted by CLUBBER View Post
          My first post on this thread I guess, I must say WOW ! Your dedication and attention to detail is inceredible. With the new engine, it will be a stunning performer as a looker too, I'm sure !
          Make sure you have a proper photoshoot when its all done !
          dude! your back?

A special thank you to:
          archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

• Yeap ! I've been back for over a month now ! Its good to be free ! Pm your mail so we can talk without jacking this thread
            Can,

'87 E30 M3 (Henna Restoration)
            '00 E36/8 Z3 M Coupé Turbo
            '11 E90 320d M Sport

Comment

• Thanks Clubber. Yes, Yan promised me a super photo shoot once the engine installation is done.
              sigpic

Comment

• Here are some more pictures.

Dinan lightweight flywheel

Genuine E34 M5 clutch kit installed. I am planing to install a supercharger later on so I installed a E34 M5 clutch kit . This way I don't have to be worry about upgrading the clutch later.

Last edited by Vazbro; 07-06-2009, 07:54 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Raymond, thanks for linking me to your build thread from r3v.
                  All I can say is ..WOW !!
                  This is definitely the right way to build up a car.

Also glad to see you ended up going with a S50, your car is in good hands with RyanG.

Congrats on on your build and making it come together.

PS: Now this is one more thread I'll be checking frequently. :ha:

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E30 325is / E30 318i / E36 ti / Alfa Romeo

Comment

• FYI: I destroyed my E34 M5 clutch in 1 track day at Watkins Glen.
                    If you plan to supercharge it, you MUST get UUC Carbon Ceramic clutch which is x2 stronger. Stock E34 M5 clutch is not designed to handle more than 350 HP

Comment

• You are welcome Teaguer. Yes, Ryan is great and he knows what he is doing.
                      I can't wait to get my car back.:lostme:
                      Last edited by Vazbro; 07-26-2009, 02:43 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Vlad, it is too late to change the clutch now but once again, thanks for your advise.
                        I thought a E34 M5 clutch would be sufficient for a moderate super charger. Plus I will not be driving the car the way you did in the track!:gotcha:
                        But if the clutch gives up after I installed the supercharger, I would have to get another powerful but street friendly clutch.
                        One thing for sure, I will not supercharge the car for a long while!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Ok, it looks like it is finally coming together. Here are couple of more shots of engine bay. This Monday it will go to exhaust shop and after that to custom AC line shop to fit the AC lines.

sigpic

Comment

• loooooking goood thar buddy
                            "Hearing the metallic clatter of the valves, the wind, tire and road noise....the endless stream of morse code that comes through the seat bottom and steering wheel. It's amazing."--:OMG:S14addict:OMG:

Comment

• Yes, it does but I don't like the valve cover. That valve cover supposed to be powder coated wrinkled black. I was told the M50 and S50 valve cover is the same so I purchased a M50 valve cover on eBay, had it powder coated and sent it to my mechanic to install it on the engine but he said the valve cover is from a non-vano model so it wouldn't fit my car. Therefore I ended up with the original valve cover again.
                              sigpic

Comment

• I was just going to comment on the valve cover but you beat me to it... hope you can fix this issue soon ...
                                also, are you keeping the m20 radiator ? :2:

the car would be a different animal with the s50

Comment

Working...
                                X