Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just started my E30 M3 cabriolet project!! :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another video for S14 members who are interested getting the Rogue Engineering exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n40v-H75OUE
    sigpic
    1989 M3 Cabriolet "Reproduction" #787th?? :-)

Comment

• did i see a little bit of flame shooting outta there in the end?
      kinda ricey for a cruiser don't you think :p
      j/k Ray, car sounds great!

David

Comment

• Yes, I saw that too but I wasn't sure if it was a flame or not.
        sigpic

Comment

• Ok guys, I need some feedbacks about the following valve cover designs. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.
          Thanks in advance

Design One

Design two

Design three
          Last edited by Vazbro; 09-22-2009, 02:03 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Design 1 is by far the easiest on the eyes, and easiest to read. I'm partial to the "black" lettering & "highlights".

Comment

• I am leaning toward the design one too. I think black lettering stands out nicely between all the colors.
              Thanks for your input
              sigpic

Comment

• Design 1
                The E30 M3 Renewed ~ Rebuilt ~ Re-engineered

www.ZeppieriMotorsport.com

E30 M3 Rebuild Thread

Comment

• Design 1

Comment

• Nomer Odin

A special thank you to:
                    archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

• Thanks guys. Design one looks the best to me too. I started the work on it. I will update the thread soon with the actual pictures.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Ok,
                        Valve cover is done. I think it looks really good. I still need to clean up the wiring in the former battery area and change those white ties on the wiring housing bracket to black but other then those, I think everything looks awesome! Anybody want to buy a OEM S50 engine valve cover?? $100 plus shipping.

I also powdercoated the strut tower brace so it matches the engine comparment.

Last edited by Vazbro; 09-24-2009, 11:11 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Beautiful!

Comment

• i demand closeups. how did you do the ribs?

A special thank you to:
                            archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

• No close ups buddy!! :anonymous:
                              Originally, I used a roller to roll a light layer of black paint over the ribs but the roller got deformed and started to touch the sides. so, I ended up using a brush and paint all the letters and ribs. If you look very closely, you will see that the ribs have uneven paints on them. I spent hours and hours on this valve cover project and learned many "valve cover painting techniques"!!
                              My next valve cover will be much nicer although this one looks very god too. Next time I will spray paint the ribs, cover them up and then paint the rest of the valve cover so I can get even looking ribs.
                              Also, I was lucky to find a pretty close match of paint sprays from local automotive marts store.
                              Anyway, aren't you coming this Friday evening to the San Bruno meet? I'll be there.
                              Last edited by Vazbro; 09-24-2009, 01:19 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• I just scored a very rare set of wheels. The style 5 17x8 ET10 and 17x9 ET19. These where optional wheels for 8 series and they are uber rare. The front wheels lips are about 2" dip and the rear 3". I think they will look awesome although my BBS RS 212s are great too!
                                So, what do you guys think?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X