Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just started my E30 M3 cabriolet project!! :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My consoles just arrived. Check the stitches out against the hand brake stitaches which is an OEM part. What a quality work!

sigpic
    1989 M3 Cabriolet "Reproduction" #787th?? :-)

Comment

• Nice work on the consoles. Did you do the dash and door pulls too?

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
      85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
      91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

• Thanks but why would I do the door pulls? I don't think E30 M3 cabrio came like that. I am pretty sure the dash didn't come in leather either.
        I think some of the coupes came with leather dash but I never heard of leather door pulls.
        sigpic

Comment

• Nice car and damn they should Sticky this thread bro. It must be one of the longest around.

Comment

• Please ignore the seats =]. I'm no M3 convertible expert or anything but the ones I've seen with full leather interior have those leather door panels and what I presume to be leather door pulls as well. I don't know about the dashes, kinda hard to tell but I know they are out there. Don't think they came on any of the Evo cars so...what else?

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
            85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
            91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

• Well, when Greg (my super knowledgeable part guy) and I were searching for parts for my car, we came across leather dash from factory. They were in gray color only and it was for a certain E30 M series but no door pulls though!
              sigpic

Comment

• Also, I am returning the engine emission related parts to stock so I can have the state rep look at the car and give me the sticker necessary to have the car smogged at any smog shop.

The cone filter is being replaced by an E36 M3 modified stock air box, 19lbs injectors are going back in, E30 purge valve, charcoal canister and related hoses are being added and after I find a 506 ecu and stock chip (no EWS), I'll replace them with my silver 413 ECU and turner chip.
                Basically, everything becomes stock 1995 M3 engine setup so it will pass the inspection.
                sigpic

Comment

• So, does anybody have a pre Jan 1995 ECU ending with 506 numbers that I can buy or even borrow?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Vazbro View Post
                    Thanks but why would I do the door pulls? I don't think E30 M3 cabrio came like that. I am pretty sure the dash didn't come in leather either.
                    I think some of the coupes came with leather dash but I never heard of leather door pulls.
                    Rey,

The complete leather interior includes:

Seats - Front and Rear
                    Door Cards - Front and Rear
                    Door Pulls & Map Pockets
                    Center consoles
                    Leather dash & Suede lined Glove Box
                    A pillars
                    Sunvisors

The dash came in leather in Black, Tan or Grey. It was special order complete leather interior through BMW Individual. My friend Mike's car came with a complete leather interior as mentioned above when new - cost over $12K USD.
                    1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
                    1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
                    1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

• Wow! $12K in leather!!

Comment

• I see. Well, I guess my car was not special ordered throught BMW individual to have the leather dash! ;-)
                        I also made a mistake on the door pulls. I thought by door pulls, he meant the exterior door pulls, not the interior. Yes, the interior door pulls are leather and I already have that. I may go for leather dash after engine upgrade.
                        I love to have the leather sun visors but so far nobody can do it.
                        It sound like it is very hard to cover sun visors in leather!

Thanks for the info L James
                        sigpic

Comment

• Btw, the console looks sweet!

Comment

• Thanks man
                            Yes, the quality of the work is awesome! I am very happy for waiting about 1.5 for them to get done and arrive.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Vazbro View Post
                              Thanks man
                              Yes, the quality of the work is awesome! I am very happy for waiting about 1.5 for them to get done and arrive.
                              1.5 years or month ?

Comment

• Sorry, I skipped the month. It took 1.5 month until I received the
                                consoles.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X